What is the best earphones for iPhone? (Apple's blow!)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by majordude, Dec 11, 2009.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I like to sleep with earplugs in (noisy neighborhood)... so I use my iPhone and those new $80 Apple in-ear headphones. But they SUCK! They have NO BASS and they tend to slip out while sleeping.

I prefer an earphone that has a mic so I can use it with my iPhone but I'll settle for one without it if it has a dynamic range, feels comfortable while sleeping and stays in the ear when tossing and turning in bed.

I like highs and I like lows so I'd like something dynamic. Not just a one trick pony.

2. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

NuForce NE-7M
    most IEMs will still probably slip out when tossing and turning w/o ear hooks

3. lollicup macrumors regular

i find I can fall asleep with my Skull candy Ink'd Headphones

no mic, but cheap at under $20

4. iBrody macrumors 6502

Here are some bassy phones (in no particular order) with built in mic:

1) Klipsch Image S4i
    2) Sony MDR-EX38iP (I cannot confirm whether the mic control works on calls though - I cannot find any reviews)
    3) Monster Turbines or Turbines Pro with ControlTalk
    4) Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10vi (although the cables on these will undoubtedly break!)
    5) Sennheiser MM50ip
    6) Ultimate Buds UB7EB
    7) Radius Atomic Bass
    8) V-Moda Vibe Duo / Vibe II (I have heard that on the early models of the Duo's the cables can be dodgy)
    9) Skullcandy FMJ's / Holua

5. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

How are the Radius Atomic Bass headphones? Did you own them?

6. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

I bought the Ultimate Ears 700 buds. They have a $50 rebate on Amazon right now!

7. TrentFowler1 macrumors newbie

I recommend the Bose® mobile in-ear headset. I own a pair and they are AMAZING. True Bose quality and a great microphone with the push button like the original iPhone headphones. If you like amazing sound, this is for you.

8. nycla3 macrumors newbie

I'm searching for some mid-high level earphones w/mic for the iPhone that allows me to hear my own voice when I speak into the microphone. I had tried the V-Moda's, but returned them when I realized how awkward it was to speak when you couldn't hear your own voice.

Tried the Klipsch s4i, too...same problem. I'm incredulous that audio engineers didn't feel that feature was important enough for both those models. Anybody else find this to be a problem?

Thanks.

9. lavinci macrumors 6502

NuForce NE-7M

Perfect balance of music, with not artificial, just natural sounding bass. Highly rated on head-fi.org and is cheap too at a price of $50.

10. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Get these. They should do everything you want and more. They're currently on discount at $79, and I'm thinking about getting a pair myself despite the fact that my earphones work perfectly.