iPhone What is the best / easiest way to determine whether some Cydia tweak has memory leak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HasoMujo, Apr 28, 2013.

1. HasoMujo macrumors regular

Hi all,

What is the best / easiest way to determine whether some Cydia tweak has memory leak?

Thanks for info in advance!

2. iALLOUT4eva macrumors regular

iALLOUT4eva

3. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

4. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

5. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

problem with this is that by the time ur phone gets creeping slow over time, you would have installed more tweaks, hence ull never be able to properly identify the culprit app. unless, ofcourse, u wait a few weeks before installing each tweak.

but yes, i'd like to know this too.

6. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Either it's leaking so bad that you can tell within hours, or it's lightly leaking, and in that case this gets sorted out every time you run out of battery or reboot the device.

7. HasoMujo thread starter macrumors regular

Hi all,

I was asking because I know for a fact that with iOS 6x I have less free RAM than I used to have with iOS 5x after some normal usage time!

For example: even with just "Phone" app running out of all normal "named" apps the RAM goes down to as low as 30 MB after daily usage...

8. Samanosuke macrumors 6502

What tweaks do you have installed?

9. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

sometimes apps keep running in the background, put it in safe mode and see if anything is still running, you can also try apps like System Status to determine which processes are still running

10. HasoMujo thread starter macrumors regular

Hi all,

When need arises I use SBSettings to kill all processes that I don't need (normal running processes I can kill with "Auxo" as well)... but even with that and only "Phone" app running the memory goes as low as 50 MB...

----------

Hi all,

Usual bunch - nothing out of ordinary...

BTW, in old days of iOS 5x, iOS 4x and iOS 3x I used "Backgrounder" with specific rules which apps are to stay in memory and which should alway terminate... in iOS 6x this is no longer possible because "Backgrounder" (and beloved "MultiFGloW") no longer work...

11. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I agreed with you. And for the first time since iOS3, i've reverted back to stock iOS.