What is the best external keyboard and mouse to get for MBP + Monitor??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vader1990, Jun 12, 2010.

1. vader1990 macrumors regular

Hi, can you guys please recommend me a good external mouse and keyboard that I should get to complete my MBP + External Monitor for my dorm room. Thanks a lot guys!!

p.s. if you recommend the apple keyboard, please tell me which one of the 3 is the best (bluetooth, wired with keypad, wired w/o keypad, and why, thanks!)

2. Ash9414 macrumors 6502

I would suggest the Bluetooth Apple Keyboard unless you're really going to need the keypad on the wired version. For a mouse, I would probably say the Magic Mouse because it's a Bluetooth mouse meaning you will still have the 2 USB ports free on your MBP instead of them being used up by a mouse/keyboard.

3. Tim018 macrumors regular

Ditto on the apple keyboard. I'd say either bluetooth apple keyboard or the wired with 10 key if ya need it.

For the mouse I'd say the logitech performance mouse, its a bit on the pricey side but its worth it. Its a great fit to the hand and the extra buttons work well, especially for expose and such.

i tried the magic mouse and found it a weird fit to the hand. id say go to the store and try them both (best buy usually has them sitting out) and figure out what one works best for you.

my two cents

tim