What is the Best/Fastest way to RIP DVDs to iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drober30, Jun 15, 2011.

1. drober30 macrumors 6502a

I know this has been discussed but I'm waiting to the last minute to look into this so I would really appreciate the help. Going on vacation with the family Thursday! Driving many hours with kids in tow!

I don't mind paying for a software program if it is the best one to use.

Please let me know the best, fastest and easiest way to put DVD movies onto the iPad2

Thanks!

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

3. jauhari macrumors regular

jauhari

HandBrake of course

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

iTunes

Asking on Wednesday, leaving on Thursday.

5. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Your not kidding! Thanks everyone for the input!

If movies were $4.99 to buy, I would purchase a few from iTunes but $14.99+ is just not worth it to me.

I tried Handbrake and the video is all choppy. I'm sure there is a learning curve. I see if I can figure it out.

Thanks again!

6. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

remember to use the built in preset for iPad. every DVD that I've converted with Handbrake has come out smoothly. makes me wonder why your getting choppy video...

7. Firen macrumors regular

Firen

When I already own a movie on DVD or Bluray I'm def. not gonna buy it overpriced on iTunes.

I use handbrake as well, works just fine for me. Did you choose "iPad" in the menu on the left (or right) side before clicking on start? You don't really have to do anything else but choose iPad there and then click start. Not much of a learning curve :)