What is the best iPhone weight loss app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by danitracy83, Jul 9, 2011.

1. danitracy83 macrumors newbie

Hello,

What is the best iPhone weight loss app? I understand that there are iPhone diet apps, food trackers, calorie counters, and meal planners. I’ve done some research on AppShopper and found the following three apps that look very promising. I’d really like to commit to just one and use it.

#1) intelli-Diet (http://www.intelli-Diet.com)
    This one looks very unique. It basically takes the foods I have and creates a diet for me. That’s pretty cool! No worrying about counting calories!

#2) Lose It (http://www.Loseit.com)
    This appears to be the most downloaded app, it’s free, and is essentially a calorie tracker, so I have to be very diligent about logging everything.

#3) MyNetDiary / MyFitnessPal / Tap & Track / Livestrong
    These kind of all seems to be like Lose It with slightly different bells and whistles. They are all calorie trackers with large databases.

Anyways, please let me know which weight loss app you guys recommend I download. I really want to be at my goal by 2012! Here's to finding my dream iPhone diet app!

Thanks!
    Dani :)

2. barracudapartne macrumors newbie

The best iPhone weight loss app is intelli-Diet for iPhone!

Hi Dani!

Good luck on your weight loss journey! Thank you for mentioning our app as one of your top three choices from your research. NOTE: We are the developer of intelli-Diet, so our recommendation is obviously a bit biased, but we did want to clarify the differences among your choices so you can be best informed on what is right for you!

intelli-Diet (the direct link is: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/intelli-diet-app-weight-loss/id389335337?mt=8) creates a diet plan based on the foods you have in your kitchen! So with this, it will show you the portion sizes you should eat and the foods you should eat. You do not count calories - in fact, you can't! The calories are purposely hidden!

With Lose It and the other calorie trackers, they are built off of large databases off of 100,000+ foods. You will need to be diligent about logging your calories and foods. If you do choose these options, do be aware that just because it's in the food database doesn't necessarily mean it's "healthy." Along with that thought, the reason why weight watchers is successful is because it "charges" for unhealthy foods. These apps don't have that intelligence built in, as they are straight-line calorie counters.

I hope this information helps you to find the best iPhone diet app for you! :D

Attached Files:

3. vegastime macrumors regular

I don't know that it is the best, but I have used Lose It, and it has worked very well for me. I have lost 75 pounds. I started at 247 and now weigh 172. You do have to enter the food that you eat, and you have to be willing to stick to the program. You also have the ability to enter any exercises that you do.

4. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

I'd love to hear more about your success. That's quite an achievement, one to be congratulated on!

5. OliverOSX93 macrumors regular

my top 3 tips for losing weight are.

1) distract yourself and cut down the amount you eat. (most import if your an over-eater)

2) join a good gym. you can ask for a beez card if you live in the uk and get in most gyms free

3) Don't be afraid of other gym members. your all there for the same reason and 9 times out of 10 people will be glad to help you.

6. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I tried Lose It for a while about 6 months ago but didn't like it.

Recently I got really serious and downloaded several, including ones you mentioned but in the end I've settled on Calorie Counter by Fat Secret and while it has some shortcomings (they ALL do), I am more than happy with it.

It also has an iPad version, and of course you can use it on the web too, and synch your data back and forth from each. I use the iPhone primarily and the web version to fine tune a few things.

The best part of Calorie Counter by Fat Secret is using the iPhone's camera to scan in the barcode of items for logging their nutritional information into your iPhone. As products DO change their information from time to time you can then edit the information stopred on Fat Secret to the new info. By the way, the food database on this system is quite large and easily accessed and searched. At least give it a try. I cannot recall if it is free or costs but even if 5$, it's well worth it, especially when it comes to your health.

Itunes
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calorie-counter-by-fatsecret/id347184248?mt=8

Web site
    www.fatsecret.com

Mike

7. Orchidkid macrumors newbie

I have been using lose it for the last year and have lost 80 pounds so far.

Yes, you do track a lot but once you put a meal in, it is easy to select the whole meal again if eat the same thing lets say for breakfast everyday.

After my weight loss, I really believe that it is the quantity of what you eat. Figure out your calorie intake for each day and stick with it.

Good luck!

8. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Congrats! I hope I can post the same success in a year!

Mike

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

10. AudioCow macrumors newbie

I lost 60 lbs using the livestrong app for blackberry. I still use it on my iPhone.

11. davisponch macrumors newbie

Lose weight with ChallengeLoop

Check out the ChallengeLoop iPhone app (http://www.challengeloop.com). You can do fitness challenges with yourself and your friends and track your progress by posting photos & videos.

12. SamA136 macrumors newbie

Try Life Hypnosis

Before my weight is 152 pounds. And after using Life Hypnosis for a period of 1 month and 2 weeks I lose 12 pounds. I'm very happy for this result because I used so many slimming teas before but none of them is as effective as this one.

[​IMG]

13. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I'm a Fitbit person. You do have to pay extra for their pedometer but it keeps count of walks, runs, climbs. It's on line so you can see how you are doing. Plenty of forums to choose from. My company, Verizon, has fitness clubs using fitbit and we all help each other exercise.