What is the best iPhoto upgrade for my eMac 10.4.11?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kathybeachgirl, Nov 14, 2009.

1. kathybeachgirl macrumors newbie

:)I currently have an eMac version 10.4.11 Tiger. I have iPhoto 2 and would like to upgrade to a better version: iPhoto 6 that comes with iLife '07 or iPhoto 7 that comes with iLife '08. What do you recommend?

(I believe that iPhoto 8 that comes with iLife '09 is not compatible with my system.)

My processor is: 1 GHz PowerPC G4
    Memory: 768 MB SDRAM

I currently have 5,480 photos in one library. This is what I hope to accomplish with the upgrade to a better iPhoto:

1) option to include comments (metadata) alongside the photos in the message text when e-mailing photos to somebody?
    2) let you print a contact sheet and include the photo comments underneath each photo?
    3) burn photos to disc from within iPhoto, that will preserve the comments along with the photos? Later, you can insert the disc and it will show up in iPhoto with the photos and comments intact?
    4) backup to iBook with comments/metadata included?

Would iPhoto Library Manager, with an upgraded iPhoto, be the best combination and have the best performance?

Also, I would definitely back-up to iBook before I upgrade. Any advice?

Thank you so much whomever can help out! :apple:

2. songjoey macrumors newbie

iphoto ibook text page

I don't know if I'm in the right place to ask a question on iPhoto/iBook so I first apologize...couldn't find where to post... sooo, question,
    In iPhoto is it possible to add ONLY ALL text to a blank page? If so HOW?
    I've tried to copy/paste and it doesn't work.... NO picture on a blank page JUST want to ADD ALL text.
    Thank You for any help...