What is the best online site for me to trade in my old iPhone for the Iphone 5 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by m44xpayn33, Sep 12, 2012.

1. m44xpayn33 macrumors newbie

m44xpayn33

Hi guys,

As same with all others. I looking forward to buying the newest iphone but need to sell my old iphone first.

Do you know any best site for trade-in this?

I know I can sell it on eBay or craiglist but I don't want the hassle. I heard many bad experiences from several friends there're too many fees not to mention complaints from the other side.

I really appreciate if you can suggest me the best site that I can just send my iphone and get the check.

Please let me know.

thanks

2. krnboy503 macrumors regular

I sold my 4S 64GB for $550 last week on craigslist...

I've always had good experience buying and selling on craigslist.

Online sites that buy your used phones don't offer as much due to the fact they try and make money selling your phones..

3. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Amazon trade-in nets you the most money for a 4S hassle free. Was $405 for 16gb like new condition yesterday but now $390 (still great).

You get an amazon gift card in credit which for me is fine because I buy a lot off of there tax free :D

4. inthecup macrumors regular

I'm using Gazelle for the $$$ ... Amazon offered the most $$$ for a gift card.

5. m44xpayn33 thread starter macrumors newbie

m44xpayn33

Thanks guys for the reference.

I have been curious about craiglist for a while. Yes, no doubt we might can get faster cash and highly offer. $550 for 4s 64gb seems nice!!

But I must admit there are several points that I cannot use craiglists. If you have entrepreneur skill or good at bargaining like holding your breath and keep your mouth not to say yes very quick :) , you can have a good offer at craiglist. However, if you are like most of the user (like me too:p) you will be ended with trouble, hassled, tired... End results ? Either you cancelled it and put your phone in drawer or you get it sold with way beyond market value. Not to mention time needed to answer calls and set up meeting.

Regarding gazelle, I'm surely not want to use them. Too many bad review about them. Check this for sure: http://gazelle.pissedconsumer.com/

How do you think about Bikair.com? I was recommended by Genius Bar staff at my area. He said that, many of apple's employee trade-in their phones with Bikair. They offer good offer, have dedicated account manager for each customer and fast turn around.

So far, I cannot found any bad feedback about them. Do you ever heard about them ?

6. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

There's a new site called Glyde that is better than a trade-in site.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I sold my iPad 2 to Gazelle and it was quick and painless. They paid me exactly what they quoted me. That link you posted has a grand total of 25 complaints in 4 years. I'd hardly call that "too many". There are sellers on ebay with 10,000 positive feedbacks and 500 negatives...that's still a 95% positive feedback rating. I'd buy something from a seller like that in a heartbeat. No business makes everyone happy all the time.

8. thewitcher macrumors newbie

thewitcher

Glyde is cool. They create unique experience to sell or buy gadgets. However, I don't see any differences between Glyde and eBay. It about the same with eBay with more features like shipping labels feature.

I have also been curious with Bikair for a while. Most of my friends as well changing to Bikair. Finally, I sold my iPhone 4 last month. They offer $340 that time, and it was very smooth. Talked with the manager, I like how they treat every customer like their business partner.:cool:

9. masseff3ct3 macrumors newbie

masseff3ct3

I've been in used cell phone business for more than 10 years since Cingular still existed. I know how this thing works. I know how recycle company like Gazelle/Bikair/Pace Butler/Recellular/etc made money, where they sell it, how's the trick and everything.

Actually, most of the recycle company like this offer same benefits. But here's the catch, most of them rely very much in marketing. Gazelle is very very good in marketing. They heavily rely on marketing. There's another company called CExchange also rely in same thing, join with ebay/radioshack/etc. Actually, there's nothing wrong with marketing, but the problem is when they focus a lot (their budget) on marketing, they do not care on the other thing. For instance; the pricing offer, those who rely much in marketing will not give good offer to you. Even if they did, how many of you ended to re-quote the offer after they received the items.

So far, Bikair is the best company for trade-in service that i know. As expert, I think Bikair fulfilled all aspects nicely. Their offer is high, fast turnaround, simple transaction and reliable. Right now, most of the phones that I collected through my network sold to Bikair rather selling it by myself on eBay or Amazon. They give cash very fast so I can have a better cash flow.

10. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I've used eBay Instant Sale in the past and from reading recent threads they seem to be paying more than Gazelle.
    You've got to have a PayPal account though cuz that's where they send you the money.

11. masseff3ct3 macrumors newbie

masseff3ct3

eBAy Instant Sale is CExchange, the company similar like gazelle that I mentioned above.

They all the same, the offer also about the same. It might higher on some models but averagely is the same.

This is what I said about relying heavily on marketing. CExchange must pay a lot of money to eBay. They even sell the phones that collected from the instant sale in same ebay platform. Means they pay eBay double time, means that 90% of their profit goes to the marketing which is eBay.

In other words, it also means that eBay Instant Sale cannot afford to give you more service because they need to pay the marketing!

I will not surprise if you are ignored when have a problem with a big company like gazelle/cexchange. They don't focus on customer that much because 90% of the focus only to marketing.

This is why a lot of Apple insiders don't use this kind of service. They use Bikair's company that not too big and not too small. Use company that gives the best service (not only the best offer). Every customer will have their manager contacted to make sure everything is okay.

12. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

eBay instant sale is offering roughly double of what Gazelle is. I accepted an offer of $200 yesterday evening for my 16gb VZW iPhone 4. Ths afternoon Gazelle was offering $103 for the same phone.

13. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

If I'm buying I want good service.
    If I'm selling I want best offer.
    Maybe it's just me.
    What kind of service do you want?
    Here's my phone. Give me my money.
    That's all the service I need in that transaction.

14. masseff3ct3 macrumors newbie

masseff3ct3

:D Well...

Trust me, you will need reliable service too. If you are normal phone users who only use one cell phone until it's broke, you will not realize this is important. However, for some gadget geeks who always keep updated with the newest gadget, they will need a reliable recycle company for them trade-in.

I have one question to explain this. You are fully aware that if you sell yourself; you will get a higher offer. So why you use their service instead of selling it yourself in the first hand?

This is one of the foremost explanations why this kind of sites existed. First of all, one of the main factors "why" you don't want to sell the phone yourself is because this sites offer you services as a value added that makes you interested, right? They offer you hassle free, free shipping, easy transaction but still with a reasonable offer rather than you sell yourself in ebay or Amazon.

So, here's the catch. How if what they're promised to you turns bad? How if the item is lost on the shipment? It will not become a problem if you only use their service once or twice, and you were still lucky enough. However, for them that a gadget lover and always update their phones, they need reliable service that not gives them a headache.

As the player on this field too. I've seen too much of issues arise and mostly is because they are not reliable. Mostly, I see people disappointed because they are re-quoted to a lower offer (much lower), and they are pushed to accept the offer because the phone is not in their hands anymore. Or shipping problem, or wrongly input the phone's model. Unreliable company mostly will ignore you.

Hopefully, this helpful. :D

15. RashestGosling macrumors newbie

RashestGosling

I've been using Gazelle and ebay Instant Sale services since they launched the first one. They are a good company and deserves my trust.

However, I must admit ME is right to reliability issue. They lack of the support system. If you plan just to use them once, is not a big issue. The problem arises when you need to do this often. If they manage to take attention on their support system, I will use them again, for sure.

For now, I keep using Bikair, which targeted to :apple: geek like me, with better support.

:)

16. DarksIIders macrumors newbie

Surprised after found this site, it seems Bikair is more famous now.

I've been a long-time customer of Bikair since two years ago. I never got problems, their manager is good on maintaining personal relationship.

They know what I want and often to help me solve my problems in upgrading my phone.

Sell your phone now, prove it yourself ;)