What is the best time and place to sell my Unlocked AT&T iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by db67fm, Sep 10, 2012.

1. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

I have 2 carrier unlocked AT&T iPhone 4 phones. Both are 16gb.

My wife and I will be switching to the Verizon iPhone 5 after it is released.

Here are my options:

- Purchase a AT&T "dumb phone" and a micro sim adapter and try to survive with a dumb phone for a few weeks. This may allow me to get the maximum price for my iPhone 4 as the price may drop after the iPhone 5 release.

- Wait until the iPhone 5 is shipped and once I receive it, place the iPhone 4 for sale. Possible for a lower price.

Any ideas where to sell it?

Craigslist
    ebay
    gazelle

How much do you think I can get for them? Will there be a difference between selling Pre iPhone 5 release and after the release?
    I would like to get at least $200 each to cover the cost of the iPhone 5. Is this reasonable?

2. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

$200 seems like a good price for a iPhone 4 in good/mint condition. But look on CL or eBay yourself and see what they are going for. That's easy.

And yes, once the 5 comes out, the price for the 4 will drop. So I'd sell them now. I'm listing my 32g 4S tomorrow on CL. eBay is a joke anymore.

3. db67fm thread starter macrumors regular

db67fm

If I go to Walmart or best buy and buy a $20 prepaid dumb phone can I put my iPhone sim in it with an adapter?

Do I need an AT&T goPhone or can I get a tracphone, virgin mobile or Tmobile prepaid phone?

4. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Craigs will usually get you the most money (and it gives you cash instantly). Just use some common sense when selling it (meet in a public place/ carrier store, etc) and you should be fine.

The best time to sell it would have been about a month ago. With the announcement coming in 2 days, there will be a mass dumping of iPhones in the coming weeks. If you could afford it, it'd be best to wait out until that's over and sell it in a month or two.