What is the best way to get artwork out of iTunes and embed into mp3?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jamesarm97, Sep 10, 2008.

1. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I am trying to get all my mp3's embedded with artwork so my shared files with the squeezebox will show artwork also. iTunes has already done most fo the work getting the artwork but keeps it in a weird structure under the itunes folder. Is there anyway to take that artwork and embed it back into the mp3 file? I have tried various programs. Some just download the artwork, some copy from iTunes but keep it in the same structure and nothing really automatic where it will scan all my mp3's and download the artwork. Anyone run into this before and found a fix?

- James

2. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

I don't think it's possible to "embed" artwork into mp3s. The best you can hope for is association and each program may read the association of the music and images differently.

It's just one of many ways in which mp3s are inferior to AACs.

3. jamesarm97 thread starter macrumors 65816

4. step21 macrumors member

applescript

Hi, if you're on a mac, download the "embed album art" apple script fomr dougscripts.com at http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=embedart

I used it for nearly all my library now and it works very well. Just select the tracks, select the script from the script menu, and let it do its magic. For a lot of tracks it could take some time though. Remember, that each track of course needs album art assigned for this to work. It's not enough to assign it to one track of an album (for ex. coverflow will show albumart for an album even if only one track has artwork assigned) so check the album art display on the left for all tracks. You can check if it worked by selecting a track, right clicking and choosing "show in finder", then after a while the finder should display information about the track and the album art. If you are on windows, I don't know a way to do it this easy.