What is the best way to Scratch Proof my Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mindlogo, Sep 6, 2010.

1. mindlogo macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a Macbook Pro 15" Unibody and my titanium steel watch is resting against the wrist rest. Which is the most reliable and affordable option to protect it from scratches on the wrist rest and the top and bottom of it's body.

2. CTrav86 macrumors member

A lot of people on here seem to like the Wrapsol... I'm wondering the same thing myself, since my new MBP is coming soon. I'm thinking either a Wrapsol, or maybe just the Moshi Palmguard. I just wish the Wrapsol had pieces for the front and sides of the MBP too.

3. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

You need:
    A moshi Palmguard, or those Invisible-Sheild covers that they usually sell in a mall with an Apple Store.
    Or, you could get a keyboard-palmrest cover made of silicon, but those are very poorly made. (I.e. the ones on ebay directly from china)

4. ccashman92 macrumors regular

Wrapsol did not work out for me. Very difficult to install, ruined the lid of my Macbook Pro due to the solution, and that wasn't covered by Applecare.

I say go with Invisible shield and get it installed for you. Or just be careful.

5. Allan in T.Dot macrumors member

From an ergonomics perspective: take off the watch.

From the price-point perspective: take off the watch.

From the most effective perspective: take off the watch.

From...from every perspective possible: Just take off the watch. Seriously. Overkill to buy something just because you type with your watch on.

6. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I swear by Wrapsol. I've had Invisible Shield, Best Skins Ever, and now Wrapsol on my various MBPs through the years.

Wrapsol most closely mimics the look of the MBP without making it look shiny with orange peel effect. This thread will give you some pics and opinions, you can also search this forum for "Wrapsol" for more:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=907258&highlight=wrapsol

7. budman1961 macrumors regular

Invisible shield, wrapsol, and take off the watch.

8. circularforward macrumors 6502

9. CW Jones macrumors 6502

10. mindlogo thread starter macrumors newbie

Has anyone had experience with BodyGuardz? Is there any reason I shouldn't give BodyGuardz a try?

11. BobbyCarbn macrumors regular

BobbyCarbn

Wrapsol all the way. You can barely even tell its on. Just take your time with the top cover, a little patience goes a long way when applying these types of skins. I just added a powersupport trackpad cover and moshi keyboard skin and she should stay looking pristine for many years to come.

12. eng42ine macrumors 68000

eng42ine

So because you don't know how to follow directions, the OP shouldn't that product?:rolleyes:

I have the Wrapsol and love it, yes, it's a procedure to apply, but well worth it in the end, it looks better than any other case that I have seen.

I also agree with others in that I'd advise taking off the watch..

13. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Deflector shield. JK, I don't use one. I have a Turcano case for when I travel, and I go naked when using my MBP. Oh, and my watch has a soft plastic strap, but I still take it off.

14. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

If someone is back and forth to their notebook numerous time a days it gets a little boring taking your watch off and on. Plus if anyone has a watch off value who wants to leave it laying around while you type.

Moshi Palm guard is your best bet. Invisi-shields is your next best, I didn't like the quality of other brands, Wrapsol etc, we've tried them all.

Or, you could stop wearing a watch altogether ... wouldn't suit me though I like wearing my watch.