What is the best workaround to get old HP Laserjet 3030 to support AirPrint?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by timidhermit, Jul 31, 2011.

1. timidhermit macrumors 6502

I have a HP Laserjet 3030 All-in-One Printer connected to my computer via USB that does not have native AirPrint support.

What is the best workaround for this? Is there an app I can installed on my computer so that my iPad will see the printer as if it have AirPrint support?

I look at an app like Print N Share, but the print quality is terrible, and it does not make the native iPad app see the Laserjet as if it is an AirPrint-compatible printer?

2. drb52 macrumors newbie

What is the best workaround to get old HP Laserjet 3030 to support AirPrint?

Hi. I looked for the same thing a while ago. Never found an app that can do what you're asking.
    I used printer pro and had no complaints about the quality. But, it would not make the printer visable to the applications like airprint does. I replaced the printer with an airprint compatible hp-3050A. It works perfectly.
    Sorry I can't be of more help.

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I tried several workarounds and eventually purchased a HP D110 All-In-One for $69 that fully supports AirPrint.

4. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

I had a different (but still old) printer, and I managed to get things working with an Airport Express, using the print function in Air Sharing HD. Apologies, it was a while ago now and can't remember exactly how it worked but did use that set up for a good 6 months or so successfully.

5. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I have an older Epson printer connected to my Airport Express to utilize wireless printing. I just bought an iPad2 and it did not recognize my printer. After much searching, I finally found the app AirPrint Activator v2 which works well. If you are not wireless then this would be a great time to do so.