What Is The Fastest Way To Transfer Files From Mac To Windows Os?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dg45, Apr 6, 2009.

1. dg45 macrumors regular

What/how is the fastest/best way to transfer files from my powerbook to my desktop windows pc?
    i dont have a usb flash drive and my superdrive is bad.

please help me out let me know

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. dg45 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks
    what i just connect a network cable to my powerbook and to my pc and than what do i do?

also i think my desktop computer only has only 1 network cable slot.
    so i would have to unplug my router?

what will happen if i take a usb cable and connect it from my powerbook to my pc?

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I don't know about USB's network capabilities, Firewire should work though - I used it to connect two Windows PCs once and two Macs more than once.

If you use a network cable you could go over the router, if it has enough ports.
    If not, than just connect both computers directly.

For setting up the file sharing look into a search machine or MRoogle with "network settings Mac OS X 10. (your version here) and Windows (your version here)".

It may be tricky to get it to work, but sometimes it works like a charm.

Have fun learning.

5. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

Plug both into the router ( if possible ). Under System Preferences -> sharing turn on windows file sharing. You should be able to get to your files/copy them from the windows box ( theoretically ).

6. crewrules101 macrumors member

Why oh Why?

No offense to you, but why on earth would you ever want to switch to a PeeCee after using a Mac...??? Macs are some of the best computers on the world! You could also just use VM Fusion or Boot Camp and make your mac a pc as well...

Regardless, best of luck... Try using an ethernet cable, or burn the files to a DVD... They also make a cable that has a converter built in that is +/- $99 that "translates" files from a PC to a Mac.

Cheers!

7. dg45 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks to spinnerlys, snowmoon.

i will try it tomorrow when i get home.

now crewrules101,

i just got this powerbook and i have alot of files on this PB and would like to have on windows desktop.
    The only thing i dont get about my PB and the mac os is that some videos online lag/skip/ or freeze.
    i have a much slower windows laptop that does not have this problem.
    i dont know why.
    that mit be a reason that i mit be get rid of this PB through the window one day.