What is the iPhone 4 battery life like now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PDFierro, Apr 6, 2012.

1. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Is it still much better compared to the 4S or are they about the same now with 5.1? I remember reading a few months back how many people who had a 4 were getting far superior battery life than those who had a 4S.

I would think that under normal usage, the 4 would provide better battery.

2. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

My 4 is wonderful as its always been... charge it every other day and it never goets below 10% and I use it a lot.. I got a good one, thats for sure.

3. gapperonduty macrumors 6502

whao that's great! your phone doesn't get below 10% even at night on the second day?

If i don't charge mine before sleep, I could only use mine at most till mid morning the following day...

4. cvan44 macrumors newbie

The battery on the 4S is horrible! I had much better battery life on the 4. I upgraded to 5.1 and turned off many of the battery draining functions but it still drains quickly. Thinking of bringing it in to the Apple store to see if they have any solutions for me.

5. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

I charge it every other over night, and yes it never dips blow 10%.

6. Beelzbub macrumors regular

My 4S gets good battery life. I charge mine about every other day. I have 2 exchange accounts, text, phone calls, little web browsing and play words with friends and occasionally use my iPhone as a hotspot. I leave wifi off and do not use Bluetooth or Siri.

7. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

my 4 had insanely better battery life than my 4s. Even after I got my 4s, my 4 was almost fully charged and I turned it off. 5 months later when I went to sell it I turn it on and it still had 45% left.

I love my 4s, but I have to admit the battery isn't even close (in my particular case).

8. Jimmy219c macrumors newbie

I have to charge my 4 every night when I go to sleep

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

my 4 and 4s get comparable battery life, about 7.5 hours of usage with about 24 hours of standby.

10. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I'm still on 5.0.1, but at home, using mostly wifi I can pull around 8.5 hours. Maybe 9 hours usage.

On the road, using alot of 3G data, phone calls, taking pictures, etc. its more like 5.5hours to 6 hours.

11. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Can't attest for the actually battery life because I always plug my phone in when I drive (which is often), but I find the standby battery life to be amazing. I can sleep a full nine hours and still be at 100% when I wake up.

12. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Battery life on any device is greatly affected by your specific usage. It's like fuel efficiency in cars. leadfoot it and your Prius won't get the advertised MPG.

13. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

You beat me to it. :) The battery is fine. Twice I've had a problem where an app went bonkers. Turning the phone off and on to terminate the processes resolved it. I didn't bother loading a diagnostic program to see which one had the CPU pegged at 100% and made the phone slightly warm.

14. bandofbrothers, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I get 1.5 days usage before i have to charge my iPhone 4.

This is will moderate to heavy use.

15. bvlgari macrumors newbie

16. NJFP macrumors 6502

17. Sunsean macrumors 6502

I like to drain completely, then charge to 100%, and go through full cycles, but lately I have been charging on the go, i.e. charging a bit here and there when I can to keep it going...probably because I am 'on the road' and not in my usual home environment.

But battery seems pretty good - at the rate I've been going, I could see myself going anywhere from 24-48 hours on a single full charge, depending on my usage. As others have said, the standby life seems to be excellent.

18. Moonfacej macrumors newbie

Standbby is indeed great. On days I don't use my iPhone the charge stays over 90%. I must also add that I turn 3G off when I don't use it

19. ryanlawrence171 macrumors member

Re : what is the iPhone 4 battery life like now?

My iPhone 4S battery life is very long. After full charging, I am doing mailing, surfing, documents creating, listen music, play game, watch video and social networking till next day morning.

20. PDFierro thread starter macrumors 68040

I figured the standby times would be better. And the 4 battery life had to be at least a little bit better now.

Thanks for the responses.