What is the latest election you voted in for Pres. or Prime Minister?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 63dot, Jul 17, 2010.

?

In which elections did you vote (round up if odd year)

1. 2008

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. 2004

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. 2000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1996

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1992

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 1988

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 1984

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  8. 1980

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 1976

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1972

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 1968

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. 1964

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. 1960

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I have never voted because I don't or I am too young

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I will try and make it as general for everybody as I am not sure if you have elections on even years or odd years or if it's every year, two years, three years, four years, or more, so round up.

I am just curious, and also how did you vote (liberal, moderate, conservative, or even name parties).

Did you change parties?

Was the last time you voted the last time you will ever vote?

Are you yet to vote?

Or are you like California Governor candidate Meg Whitman and didn't vote at all in the last 28 years? ;) But without getting too harsh towards non-voters, I have a friend who voted only once in his 50 years on this planet and has called all the major candidates bad, which I can't really argue that vigorously against.

I went Green in 2008 (USA) and voted for Congressperson McKinney. The Democrats became too much like the Republicans for me. I am still a registered Democrat but will change that soon. I plan to vote Green again in 2012.

2. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

There was an election this year in the UK. You need to update the dates. Also, I get what you mean, but in the UK we don't vote for a Prime Minister - at least not technically.

I voted for Obama because I was worried about McCain and Palin getting in. As usual, I held my nose at the polling station.

I didn't vote in the UK because I didn't bother getting my mail ins. Awful choice there too: authoritarian labour, conservative Tories, or hapless lib dems. I'd have voted Green had I voted.

3. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

I tried to change my poll dates but it won't let me. I should have put an option for "this year", then go backward to 2008, 2004, etc.

I am glad Obama beat McCain and he's pretty good, yet a little conservative/pro-war for me. I thought by now we would be out of Iraq. I do remember he said he promised to get us out in one year had he become President in this war we were fooled into getting into the first place by Bush-Cheney Co.

4. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

I don't know why he made that promise (although I could have sworn he was more tentative about that date towards the end of his campaign). I didn't expect troops to be out of Iraq so soon and I don't think realistically Obama could have believed that either. The transitioning that's been taking place in Iraq has been slow because, in my opinion, that's the correct pace. So long as the mission there is to hand over power responsibly, I'm not that concerned about meeting timeline dates.

I agree though, Obama is too conservative. I didn't expect him not to be though. With Clinton as the model dem, I expect nothing less.

5. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

I voted in 2008 because it was the year I turned 18, so accordingly I wasted my vote on Stephen T Colbert; South Carolina.

6. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

The first election i was old enough to vote for was George W Bush's in 2001 the latest election i voted in was 2008 and i voted for barak obama.

7. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

I voted this year... no option for that though.

8. Queso macrumors G4

I voted this year, although in the UK we vote for a candidate to represent our local area. Once all the winners of these local contests go into the House of Commons they then choose the Prime Minister, who is virtually always the leader of the party who won the most seats. This year no party won an outright majority, which has been quite rare in UK politics, so there was a chance that the Prime Minister could have been someone else entirely. In the end though the party that came third sided with the party that came first and the two formed a coalition government together, meaning that Conservative leader David Cameron got the top job.

9. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

2008 was my first time voting( Obama) and my last time voting until I feel these politicians actually give a crap about what they are saying and not just to remain in power, etc.

10. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I have voted in thirteen presidential elections, beginning in 1956. By and large I voted for the "lesser of two weevils", as most of the time I did not like either candidate's position on what I thought were the more important issues.

I had no use for McCain, but I knew from his own words that Obama would be far worse insofar as monetary policy. Sure enough, he's been horrible in that he not only continued Bush's idiocy but increased it.

11. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

Same here in Canada and Québec. I have never voted (I'm only 18 since 2 months) but I plan to leave it blank unless some candidate suits me.

I believe it is actually better to give a blank or spoiled ballot, as it is a sign of protest.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My first time voting was in 1984. I have voted for Reagan; Bush, Sr.; Perot; Clinton; Bush, Jr.; Bush, Jr.; & McCain.

13. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Voted Obama in 2008 and am looking forward to voting in 2010. Hoping to see Marijuana legislation pass here in CA. As for governor, neither choice enamors me. Perhaps I'll vote third party.

14. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

I've voted in every presidential election since 1976, and have yet to vote for the winner.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Wow, I have voted for the winner 5 out of 7 times. Perot and McCain got my votes and lost the Presidential election.

16. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

My vote has always been for the lesser of evils. Politicians are politicians. I think we'd be in worse shape if McCain had won.

17. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Our last election was in 2008, just a few days after the US one if I recall correctly. It's the third time I've voted (also my third opportunity since turning 18).