Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
In America
So i didn't pre-order, nor did i reserve it because of the error "We’re sorry, but this service is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

The nearest Apple store (it's an average mall-sized one) says that everything is unavailable for reserve and pick-up.
What are the chances that i'll get the 64GB iPhone 6 Plus space grey (unlocked) if i stand in the line?

Will there be any stock for that model that hasn't been pre-ordered or reserved?

How many of you guys are lining up for it? And what time on the 19th would you start?

Last edited:

surf2snow1

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2008
When I got my 5 I walked right in at 11am and picked one up. They said there was a 30 minute wait when they first opened but the line went away quickly... I've had good experiences so far, but this year I pre-ordered.

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
Demand for the 6+ is off the charts. The 6 seems to be in a bit less demand but I don't expect supplies in-store to last long on opening day. I'd camp out starting at midnight the day before at least, and I STILL wouldn't be sure I'd get one.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
In America
wow nice! I'm wondering if it'll be sold out before noon. Yeah the demand for the iPhone 6/6 Plus is huge! Good for you for preordering!

I don't have time to camp out the day before but guess i'll line up as soon as the mall opens, not gonna get much sleep that night lol

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
last time I got a new Iphone it was with Sprint (and was a big deal cause it was the first time one went to Sprint)

anyway I showed up outside of the store about 2 hours before it opened and just barely got one when I got inside

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
Demand for the 6+ is off the charts. The 6 seems to be in a bit less demand but I don't expect supplies in-store to last long on opening day. I'd camp out starting at midnight the day before at least, and I STILL wouldn't be sure I'd get one.

You don't know that. They could have just produced more 4.7 because thats what they shout would sell.

scoop2mylue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2010
Indiana
easy if you are willing to wait in line come friday morning like i am, i never have trusted doing the preorders online too much can go wrong, you are not in control like you would be come friday on release day :cool:

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
In America
Thanks guys.

Also, do Apple stores disclose how many quantities of a model they have in stock before the launch date, if you call them?

appledude411

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
People are lining up right now at our local mall, going to wait a week out there. Complete madness.

No thanks.

Highly doubt anyone who wants a 6 Plus is going to be able to stroll into the Apple Store on launch day and get one. People who pre ordered at 3:01AM are 21 days on back order lol.

matt2053

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2012
Every iPhone launch since the 4S I have simply walked in to the T-Mobile store in my city the morning of the launch, asked for the new iPhone, and purchased it without delay.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
I went to my T-Mobile store this morning and they put my name and number on a list. They're calling everyone on the list next Thursday to confirm whether or not they'll have a phone Friday.

Maybe try out your local carrier store and see what they're doing.

justin216

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Tampa, FL
Depends entirely on the city/area, and how popular your carrier is in your area (or Apple store). Last year I waited in line at VZW on 5s release day, showed up 30 minutes before open and was 4th in line.

When they opened the doors, there were about 15 people in line, but they had stock of some models through most of the weekend, as I came in the next day in the evening and got my wife an upgrade.

That said, I drove by the AT&T Store right after I got my 5s last year, and there were about 100 people in that line and they had sold out that day. So it varies a lot, I don't know that there's a definitive answer.

If I had to guess, being a major redesign and with as much interest as the carriers seem to be reporting, I'd get there early and get comfortable.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I have a pre-order for a 6+ but delivery isn't until Oct. 6. Screw that, I'm heading over to an AT&T store (probably shorter lines) at around 3AM next Friday. I'll get a bit of sleep then bring my beach chair for the 5 hour wait. I'm confident 3AM will be early enough for a local AT&T store, but only time will tell. :cool:

:apple:

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
For what it's worth I'd bet space grey will be the most stocked. If you get there early you should be fine. how early depends on location.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
When I got my 5 I walked right in at 11am and picked one up. They said there was a 30 minute wait when they first opened but the line went away quickly... I've had good experiences so far, but this year I pre-ordered.

Dude, there's no way that's happening with the Plus.
I expect that it will be just marginally better than trying to get a gold 5S on launch day. The Plus went to 3-4 weeks shipping before the Apple store even went live just from people ordering off the app.

----------

Every iPhone launch since the 4S I have simply walked in to the T-Mobile store in my city the morning of the launch, asked for the new iPhone, and purchased it without delay.

Ain't happening with the Plus.

rwkleinjr

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
I have a pre-order for a 6+ but delivery isn't until Oct. 6. Screw that, I'm heading over to an AT&T store (probably shorter lines) at around 3AM next Friday.

I'm planning on doing the same. Going to absolutely suck if each store only gets a couple 6+ units.

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
When I bought my 5s I walked into the Verizon store after work (4:00pm) and walked out with one. Everyone was sold out online.

rwkleinjr

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
When I bought my 5s I walked into the Verizon store after work (4:00pm) and walked out with one. Everyone was sold out online.

Seems like this could easily be the case with iPhone 6's. Lots of stock readily available. My gut tells me that every story will only carry a few Plus models, though.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I'm pretty sure they have a separate stock amount for preorders in store. It wouldn't make any sense to have all the preorders sell out just online and have ZERO walk in stock.

Jizzles

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
I highly doubt the 6+ will be readily available especially come afternoon time. The 6? Considering that you can still buy it through Apple for a 9/19 delivery....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.