What is the likelihood of them announcing new macbook pros at this years wwdc?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JJBro1, May 17, 2009.

1. JJBro1 macrumors regular

I was getting ready to buy a macbook pro 17 inch today but then someone told me that i should wait until the wwdc to buy one because they might announce the new macbook pros. How likely is that? The current macbook pros came out this year, is there any benefit of me waiting till after the wwdc to buy?

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you look at the Buyers' Guide tab at the top of MacRumors, it shows all of the MBP updates. Only one update was done around the WWDC time frame, if I read it right (a week before).

3. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I'm not going to say it wont happen, but I wouldn't expect it if I were you.

4. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't count on any major updates. The most it would be is maybe a small bump in processor speed.

5. WorldTravel26 macrumors newbie

WorldTravel26

I highly doubt there will be any serious updates to the Macbook Pro at the WWDC. That said, if you really need your Macbook Pro right now, go ahead and buy it. After all, no use in holding out until the next update, as the rate at which technology changes, you're guaranteed to have an outdated computer within 6 months anyway :D! I know, I bought my late 2007 blackbook in January 2008, about a month before they upgraded them to the newer chipset :mad:

6. entergreenland macrumors newbie

I would recommend waiting until WWDC unless you need the computer right away as they will probably bump up the processor speed. This may not be that important to you but if it was me I would want it as high a spec as I could afford and if I could wait a month and get a faster computer for the same price I would do that even if it was only slightly faster.

7. GoHack macrumors member

Even if they announce anything new, or existing systems have any changes, it doesn't mean that it will be available then and there, other than for any price changes.

8. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Subscribe to macbreak weekly and TWIT on iTunes and keep up with the podcasts. As long as Leo LaPorte doesn't buy a macbook pro before WWDC, you should be fine.

9. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

likelihood low, very low. Especially for the 17" just get one now and enjoy it:cool: