what is the likely trade-in price of iPhone 7 in 6 months?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Taisiya, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Taisiya macrumors regular

what is the likely trade-in price of iPhone 7 in 6 months? for example, companies
    like Gazelle, Amazon Trade-in, Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile trade-in, Best Buy Trade-in.

Unsurprisingly, none of those companies currently have trade-in prices for the
    iPhone 7 yet. :) (except Amazon.com Trade-in which is showing a ridiculously
    low trade-in value between $200 and $250 for the iPhone 7 right now???) :(

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

If the 8 is as good as the rumors says, the 7 will be dumped in large quantities.

That is not good for resale value.

3. High Desert macrumors regular

I think this is where the upgrade program becomes more attractive for the iPhone. Apparently, with Apple now selling refurbished iPhones, the aftermarket for used phones has gone into the tank on high returns. Personally, I went with the annual upgrade program with Verizon which is the upgrade every 12 months or when you have paid off 50% of phone price, whichever comes first. In the USA, this seems to be a better scenario than things I am reading on the forum about the Apple upgrade using Citizens bank. With Verizon, there is no credit check, no (required) automatic debit from my account to Citizens CC co.

4. Taisiya thread starter macrumors regular

Does Apple's upgrade program allow you to purchase an unlocked iPhone without the need to activate it with any U.S. carrier?

Also, I assume it will require a hard credit history pull, unlike the Verizon DPP, which never shows up on my account. I've done 7 DPPs on Verizon over the last couple of years and they never appear on my credit reports with the three credit bureaus.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

No.

6. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

7. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

Depends on the storage size but currently a 128GB iP7 appraises for $305 through Verizon. I just got one appraised so that is how I know.

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

buybackworld.com have the trade-in prices for the 7 and 7 Plus.

9. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

10. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yea if you want to sell to a potential buyer to get more money, but I think OP is more looking at trade in value. 7 Plus 256 GB unlocked at buyback world.com is quoted for $550.00 Mint condition. I've also noticed that buybackworld.com usually quotes a little higher than gazelle and have been using them when I get rid of stuff. I don't like selling it on craigslist, swappa, eBay, etc.

I tend to stay away from swappa (I've used it) and they always try to negotiate prices.

11. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

Yes you do have to deal with the low ballers. I watch what the devices are selling for about a week or two before I plan on selling and price mine about $20 higher than the going rate for the condition/color/storage size of my device. That gives me room to come down. Then when I come down to my desired price, I stay firm until the device sells.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Everyone will try to negotiate prices.
    You can say no.
    You don't have to sell for a price that you're not comfortable with.

13. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

The other thing people can do is price it at what they are willing to sell for and state in the listing that price is FIRM in all caps. Then when they get a low ball offer, just ignore it or respond that the price is FIRM.

14. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I also believe the market will be flooded with iPhone 7's when the iPhone 8 debut's, mainly because most are ready for a complete overhaul of the iPhone. We have seen the same design for three generations with incremental aspects in terms of upgrades.

I love my 7 Plus, rest assured, I will certainly be upgrading in September 2017. It's also rumored we may see three screen size variants (4.7,5.1,5.5), which perhaps will serve as a middle ground for those who don't appreciate the 5.5 model.