What is the longest you've had your MBP in repair?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rican, Nov 26, 2011.

1. rican macrumors 6502

rican

I took my MBP in for repair at my local apple store on Wednesday because my screen would do some weird garbled screen and then freeze at bootup so essentially, I couldn't turn it on.

I've had my macbook pro in the past replaced due to an extreme reoccurring issue, but my question is:

how long has your computer been with apple repair / either instore fix or sent out to the depot?

I expect mine to be gone for 7 days because of the Thanksgiving / Black Friday holiday.

2. Spadoinkles macrumors regular

0. 5 years on, zilch :)
    Only thing that happened was a faulty mighty mouse; brought it in for a clean, that failed, they replaced on the spot.

3. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

4. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

3 weeks no holiday or special season and mbp is still under warranty.Here in denmark this is considered completely normal and you are not offered a temporary one unless specifically asked and even than you have to pay for it separately.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

My notebooks usually have never been out for more than 2-4 days. There aren't many parts to break, so it's easier to figure out what to fix.

On my Mac Pro when something breaks they spend 3 weeks on the last repair because they couldn't figure out what part was causing the issues.

6. rican thread starter macrumors 6502

rican

Ouch, before I got my replacement (current one I have now) my computer was with apple for 1 month. No holidays, no events, it was just crazy, I literally had a lemon MBP that almost everything failed on it. It was gone from July 20th till Aug 19th. It sucked, but now i'm kinda mad that I got my replacement in August and now my logic board / video failed already :mad:

7. PS65 macrumors 6502

Currently, yes in repair now, 5 weeks. I am now waiting for my replacement.

First they diagnosed the logic board as the fault, which wasn't the problem. Then they replaced the screen, only to find the screen was warped. Then the logic board failed again.

8. rican thread starter macrumors 6502

rican

Sounds painful, I hope all works well for you, bud.

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I've waited 10 days at most when I took it to the store. From now, I just ship it to Apple. It's easier for me and faster.

Last repair I did was shipped, they picked it up from my door on Tuesday evening, and they dropped it off at 9:30 AM on Thursday.

10. rican thread starter macrumors 6502

rican

I think I would do that too if I didn't live in an apartment. The last thing I need to deal with is theft, and the hassle... That's why I take it to the apple store & let them deal with all that. It just sucks that I have to be at the mercy of someone calling me or "forgetting," that my mbp is ready. It has happened once before.

11. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I wouldn't worry about it. They don't leave the package there without a signature, so someone is liable for it. I'm not sure how it works in an apartment complex (whether your doorman signs for it or not), but if I'm not home, they just take it back and I have the option of picking it up from Fedex itself. Additionally, I believe I saw an option to hold the package at the Fedex location (as in, they don't even load it on the trucks).

The only thing I would do is drop it off at a Fedex location. Over here, I can just call them and they'll knock at my door and take my package. Not sure if that works the same with apartments.

12. JustLeft macrumors 6502

1 day. They replaced the motherboard in my mbp. Did it so fast I thought they were playing games with me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

13. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20