What is the most ideal way to connect a MacBook Pro to a Dell S2340L?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ryanyx, Jun 9, 2013.

1. ryanyx macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've just gotten myself the Dell S2340L to pair it with my 2012 Macbook Pro. I'm using a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter to connect the monitor and the laptop and I realise that even though photos and image look great, text appears kinda fuzzy. I'm wondering if it's because of the HDMI connection? Read somewhere that the Mini DisplayPort-HDMI adapter could affect the image quality of what the monitor is capable of displaying. The entire Mini DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI issue is so confusing!

Really need some advice on this because I'm using it to do magazine layouts! Thanks a lot!!

Ryan

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

HDMI is your best bet with that monitor; it only supports VGA or HDMI. A 23" monitor at 1920x1080 won't be as crisp as your Macbook, the non-retina Macbooks have around 105-110 ppi (depending on whether 13" or 15") and your monitor is only about 95ppi.

3. ryanyx thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thanks for the reply! Is that the same reason why a lot of web images look less sharp and more grainy too? I'm just not really sure how crisp is everything suppose to look. Thanks again!