What is the name of this movie?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ouimetnick, Oct 27, 2010.

1. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

My family and I saw a movie. between mid 2007-Feb '09. We saw it at a movie theater. :p And the problem is, NONE of us can remember the name of it. Its a kids movie BTW. It starts with a male kid opening a book late at night. It makes the house shake, and apparently monsters that live in the woods want the book to learn how to play pranks on people.

When you cross the line in the yard to the woods, the monsters attack you, but they are invisible to the girl, but her brother holds a thing to his eye, and see the monsters. They try to destroy the book, and it doesn't burn. Pretty much at the end, a monster takes human form of the children's dad (not the real father) and says something like honey, give me the book to end all the troubles... they kids know its not really him, so the ending is that the monsters desroy the house I think....

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Whats the title of this movie?

2. ouimetnick thread starter macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Yup, thats it. Thank your very much. I'll be buying that on iTunes soon. Just wondering. How di you know? Have you seen the movie before, or did you search for it?

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I've never seen it or read the books. I just remembered it from the trailer.

4. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I never read the books but the film was good.