What is the probability of a JB for IPad 1 for iOS 4.3.1?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by gochi, Mar 31, 2011.

1. gochi macrumors 6502

With the recent chatter of iOS5 coming out in summer, it makes sense for the dev team to hold off a JB release until then, so as to not give away any vulnerabilities for apple might patch up.

Since there is already a thetherd jb available, and musclenerd's recent tweet states that an unthethered jb is imminent, then why not release an untethered jb for ios 4.3.1?

My guess is as good as yours, but I think if there was an unthethered jb for ios 4.3.1, for the ipad1, it would have been released already.

2. Hannah Montana macrumors newbie

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

What is so difficult to understand about, "They are working on it"? Jailbreaking software does not write itself. Packaging it up so it's simple and easy for the general public to use takes time. Plus, if they release a JB for 4.3.1 that doesn't work for iPad 2, they will likely get hit by a deluge of complaints and HELP! messages from idiots who don't read instructions and try to use the JB on an iPad 2, thereby bricking them. So if I were the dev-team, I'd first take the time to ascertain that there was no quick way to JB iPad 2 before releasing a JB that doesn't support it.