What is the proper way to setup a Gmail account on iPad? i keep sending myself email?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by maf2k8, Apr 30, 2010.

1. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2009
    Ok not sure WHAT i did or what i DIDN'T do, but i setup my Gmail account on my iPad ( i selected GMAIL )

I noticed that i had no option to sync contacts or calenders, So i remember from when i had my iPhone, i had to setup my Gmail account thru the MS Exchange option.

Ok so i did that, got the calender and contact sync going now with my Gmail account.

Problem is, every time i send a email to someone, it sends ME a copy instantly.

For instance if Dr. Doe emails me and says "HELLO!" and i reply and hay "HEY", i instantly get a email from myself saying "HEY!"

What did i do wrong here? or didn't do correctly?

2. maf2k8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2009
    i followed those steps, I got that part, its just whenever i send an email, it sends me a copy right away of what i just sent.
  3. jlmba08 macrumors newbie

Feb 15, 2008
    There should be an option under settings, then email, to CC yourself on outgoing emails. Just turn that off.
  4. Robert Spoecker macrumors member

Apr 12, 2010
    In the Settings app under "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" make sure you have the "Always Bcc Myself" turned off.

5. maf2k8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2009
    ah got it!!!! I knew it was something simple because i had the problem before, thanks everyone!