What is the purpose of the Purchased playlist in iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by applefan289, Oct 27, 2011.

1. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I do a manual sync with my iDevices not only to sync particular music, but to get rid of that dumb Purchased playlist. I would like to delete this from the computer also, but then I won't have a place to burn my playlist to a disc (if one of my other created playlists doesn't have the song).

Why does Apple, by default, give you a purchased playlist? If I have 200 purchased songs, and 1000 iTunes songs total (800 ripped from CDs), I will not go to a purchased playlist to view a song I purchased. I will search for the song through other faster means (like under artists on iOS, or by using the search function under Music in iTunes).

This thread sounds kinda dumb, but I'm really just wondering. :confused:

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

3. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

What was the purpose of the "90s Music" playlist? Nothing. Just to have a couple of default playlists for the user to have.

4. akm3 macrumors 68020

I like it; it shows me the stuff I actually liked enough to buy vs the tons of CD's I'd ripped over the years where I only liked one or two songs.

5. mox358 macrumors 6502

mox358

For me it's just a convenient way to see what I've bought. I agree with the other commenters though, it's main purpose is just a default playlist to get people started with iTunes and the store.