What is the return policy for an iPhone if bought in an Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mambwe, Aug 14, 2008.

1. mambwe macrumors newbie

I might be returning my iPhone, but I can't get a straight answer on how long the return policy is. I bought it at an Apple store and signed a new contract with AT&T as a new customer. This is what I have been told:

1) AT&T salesman says there is a 30-day return policy
    2) Salesman who sold me my iPhone at apple store says 14 days
    3) Different salesperson at same store where I bought iPhone says that apple has changed policy to match AT&T and it is now 30 days after initially telling me 14 days
    4) I call Apple and he said AT&T is 14 days and apple is 30 days

Which is the right answer? I looked at the apple website and I believe it says 14 days without having a restocking fee. Does this mean after 14 days there is a restocking fee? My receipt says 14 days. So logic tells me to go with what is in writing, but I would like to wait to see if somehow it will improve.

Has anyone returned a phone to an apple store after 14 days? I have a terrible lag with my contacts and it is driving me nuts. It takes me about 10 seconds before I can search for a name. I am seriously considering switching back to my BB.

2. xjohnx macrumors newbie

3. H8ter macrumors newbie

Hey I bought two iphones on 7/19 and had the same question. I ended up hating ATT's coverage in my area so I returned both of them to the store I bought them at on 8/11 well after the 14 day apple return policy. The 30 day policy for ATT overrides in the case of the iphone. They took the returns with no problems at all, in and out in five minutes. However, if you want to keep your number contact your old service provider first and get it transferred back BEFORE returning your phone.