What is the student discount on Aluminum Macbook 2.0 at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by poblack, Oct 22, 2008.

1. poblack macrumors regular

2. rjames86 macrumors member

with the student discount, I got the 2.4ghz macbook with overnight shipping for $1515. ($1499 + $16 for overnight).

With shipping prices like that, how could I resist? I had mine the day after they were announced.

3. Platinum0285 macrumors newbie

Go directly to an Apple Store

Hey, if you purchase on line or from your University digital store they will only discount $50 from the 2.0ghz model. Personally, I went to the Apple store and asked an employee (the youngest most inexperienced looking guy I could find) and asked him what the student discount was on the base model MacBook and he told me $100 off. I told him to wrap it up and was out the door with a new MacBook for only $1199. Therefore, my advice to you, is to go to an Apple store and ask this question to all employees in the store until someone gives you the answer that you want :D

p.s. take your student I.D.

4. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

$50 off!

Go for it! I took the plunge this past Saturday.

You also save $66 on AppleCare.

5. azdmelani macrumors member

I was told by the genius $100, but when i got the register it was only $50. Still better than nothing

6. Platinum0285 macrumors newbie

Just a quick statement of what the apple genius had led you to believe and they deffinetly would have given you the extra $50 off. Apple is awesome with customer care because they'd happily give you an extra tiny discount than to lose your $1200 purchase.

7. fishniw macrumors regular

Yeah, I screwed up on my online order and called to fix it. The guy I got connected to resolved my issue and gave $86 dollars off (tax) because he felt bad for putting me on hold.

8. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

It is about 17% discount and you get a massive rebate on an iPod nano if you buy before the end of the month. 75% off AppleCare too.

9. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

The 2.0 is $50 off. The 2.4 is $100 off. I bought the 2.4 on Monday, and I love it! Don't miss my BlackBook and don't miss the FW400. I used it a couple times but it definitely was a deal breaker for me. The Aluminum MacBook is sturdy and gorgeous.

10. azdmelani macrumors member

I tried that with the cashier but she wouldnt budge. Probably should have spoken to a manager about it but I wasn't thinking clearly.

11. JBazz macrumors 6502

I was quoted as $100 off the 2.0 for my student discount. My employer discount was 8% and was better by a few dollars so I used it.

12. r!ggaman macrumors newbie

r!ggaman

I walked into the apple store in the the houston galleria I asked an employee how much the discount was and she said $50. So after a bit of comparison b/w the two model I asked another employee how much was the discount and he said $100...I figured he was mistaken and would make the correction at check out, but he didn't...good times.

13. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

If you're a college student you might also want to check out your school store if they're a reseller, mine gives a better discount than the Apple edu one.

14. qwikrex macrumors member

What rebate on the nano? I just bought a 13" Aluminum macbook last week and heard nothing about a rebate on a nano.

15. jaredtomas macrumors regular

jaredtomas

Same.

16. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

He's talking about the UK - the free ipod deal is going on there. The US version ended Sept. 15th.