Resolved What is this cable? (iPhone 4 - Verizon)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SPNarwhal, Apr 22, 2012.

1. SPNarwhal, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. mb25667 macrumors member

Well, I'd say it looks like an "out of warranty" cable. ;)

3. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

You've been here since 2009 and this is one of your only 64 posts?

4. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

5. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

You are absolutely right! Awesome. Thank you so much, I'm ordering one right now.
    Weird thing is that a Verizon 4 is built a lot like a 4S, including this ribbon cable. The only ones I see that are coming up that look the same are for 4S, all others are just a short straight cable which I assume is for ATT models. (I did find one website with a Verizon Wireless 4 OEM cable, which looks the exact same as the 4S cable, so I assume theyre the same.)

Thanks again!

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

That's not really so weird. The 4S was widely known to take a lot of its design from the CDMA iPhone 4, which even had a dual-mode CDMA/GSM baseband chipset installed (just not fully enabled). ALl Apple had to do was finish the job by adding in the additional components to fully enabled GSM, throw in an A5 and extras flash storage.

7. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

no problem. glad i could help. Are you rebuilding this phone or color change? just curious.

8. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Rebuilding. I bought it broken and the guy didn't know what was wrong with it. I already had to replace the Home Flex Cable which was completely ripped in half, but everything else looks to be cosmetically fine, so we'll see. I don't think it's technically "broken" I think the guy took it apart and didn't put it back together right.

That's the story he told me, and at first I didn't believe him but it actually looks to be checking out that way. The screen was put on a little crooked (He said he took it apart to replace the screen, so that would make sense) and some things inside were just sloppy.

This camera thing isn't going to be the deciding factor on if this works or not, obviously. But it will be the deciding factor if it works 100% or not.

Should all (hopefully) be good from here on out.

----------

That's what I was thinking actually, that it probably makes a lot of sense since the CDMA antenna would be the biggest change, and both Verizon iPhone 4 and the 4S have that. Also that the Verizon iPhone was released not too far behind the 4S anyway, which probably is the biggest reasoning for most of it. (Such as the vibration motor.)