What is this device?

mudshell1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
I tried to watch WWDC today (via Apple TV) but it kept buffering/locking up so I may have missed what this device is. Does anybody know? It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

Thank you.

Attachments

mudshell1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
It's just an iPhone 5. lol.
It has square corners and the buttons are all wrong. My husband's iPhone 5 looks like a taller, somewhat skinnier version of my 4S and NOT at all like the photo above.

----------

Are they just not showing the top and bottom of the phone?

Paddle1

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2013
It has square corners and the buttons are all wrong. My husband's iPhone 5 looks like a taller, somewhat skinnier version of my 4S and NOT at all like the photo above.
It's just an example mock-up of an iPhone.

davidg4781

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX

----------

They're cutting off the tops and bottoms. I was curious too but saw in some pics on other sites it was an iPhone 5.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011

----------

my iPhone 5 looks identical to the phone in the photo. It's just the top and bottom are blocked off. It's also possibly a vector graphic, which apple uses sometimes, which may be why it looks different.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post as to what that was. Apple would never, ever release a photo of something new without a big release event, and telling us about it. Goodness. Its part of an iphone 5 without the full spec's to concentrate on the subject on the screen being discussed. :eek:

mudshell1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Thanks for helping me clear that up! Sorry for the unnecessary interruption ('cause I feel like a dork now!!! lol). Now, on to your regularly scheduled program...

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
U thought it was a new squared iphone didn't you?

My guess is, they showed it that way because the guy keep saying EDGE-TO-EDGE content, so to emphasize that point...