What is up with the 15 hires glossy? Has ANY ONE gotten one

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JimKirk, Apr 18, 2010.

1. JimKirk macrumors 6502

If so upload pics. I would like to see it.

I think Apple is having problems delivering these. I haven't seen any in stores (although they have the matte).

What is going on?

2. WisdomWolf macrumors regular

I believe that the reason you haven't seen pics of Hi-Res glossy is because the Hi-Res option automatically gives a matt screen. I don't think there is a Hi-Res glossy option at this time.

3. gagaliya macrumors 6502

what are you talking about, if you goto the apple store it clearly has a glossy hi-res option listed...

4. Spandexman macrumors regular

If it doesn't exist, that would explain why the one I ordered is delayed, but...

5. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

I haven't seen one yet either. The Apple Stores I went to yesterday in Toronto only had the HD screen in the anti-glare finish. I wanted to see the glossy HD screen too.

6. neteng101 macrumors 65816

Looks like the stores won't be carrying them in stock or display. I would say the best way to guess what it looks like is basically to look at a 17" glossy, the PPI is almost the same.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Hi-Res does NOT "automatically gives a matt screen". And there IS a Hi-Res glossy option.

From: http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MC373LL/A?mco=MTc0Njg1ODE
    Picture 8.jpg

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The glossy and anti-glare look similar in photographs if they are both calibrated and you don't take with the picture with a flash. Now if you use the flash, then it's likely you won't see much on the glossy display because it is just a glass mirror.

And you can't tell anything from screenshots, if that's the upload you're looking for.

If you have seen the regular glossy display, the high-resolution one is just the same, albeit with a higher resolution panel. If you want to see the high resolution panel, just look at the anti-glare model that a lot of folks have taken pictures of.

9. JimKirk thread starter macrumors 6502

So no one?

I ordered the 15 hires glossy and the order is not moving anywhere.

It should have prepared to ship yet nothing.

That and the fact that no one here has seen one gives me doubts that they are shipping.

I also went to stores and none have them. All said bto. Strange because matte should be bto and glossy should be stocked.

10. wafl iron macrumors regular

have 5 hires glossies that remain in the not yet shipped state.

11. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

I ordered one with high res glossy it should be here by thursday according to fedex :)

12. idiotkkid macrumors newbie

Mine's shipped, it's just sitting in China waiting to go out. It was received after the cutoff date Friday.

13. eazyc10 macrumors member

My 15" HR glossy shipped on the 16th and due in on thursday. I'm sure others have shipped too

14. Melodeath macrumors 6502a

I ordered mine on the 14th. Still "prepared for shipment," though

15. haagz macrumors newbie

I ordered mine on the 15th. Should ship by tuesday.

16. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Mine shipped from China, Fedex says delivery on Tuesday. I'll post pics (15" i7/Hires Glossy) as soon as I have it up and running.

17. nconnella macrumors regular

Mine will be in on Wednesday and can post pics if people want.

18. mrobison macrumors member

Mine is currently less than a couple hours away according to Fedex tracking. I'm hoping it gets here tomorrow.

19. luke62092 macrumors newbie

My 15" Hi-res glossy has already shipped. Although it appeared there was some sort of "hiccup" in Shanghai, because it was supposed to arrive originally the 21st, now it's delayed to the 22nd. It's in Tennessee right now, so it should be here shortly. :D

20. abnospam macrumors regular

abnospam

21. johnnymike24 macrumors newbie

johnnymike24

My HI RES Glossy will be here on Wednesday by 10:30 AM :D! As far as I know, no one has received theirs yet although I wouldn't be surprised if someone here gets their's tomorrow.

22. abnospam macrumors regular

abnospam

Did you get the Shipped email Saturday and did you pay for expedited shipping?
    Also, are you in the US?

23. mgacam2 macrumors regular

mgacam2

My glossy high res is shipped and arriving on tuesday ill post pics once its here.

24. millertalent macrumors newbie

Booo lol I live in Canada and mine isn't supposed to arrive until Friday. It has said that it is in Shanghai for a while tho :confused:

25. oddfactor macrumors member