What is your evaluation of iOS7 (out of 10)?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by thadoggfather, Sep 13, 2013.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I can't comment because I haven't used it.

But just curious

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

8 out of 10. Strongly dislike Calendar, Siri and Maps.

Love animations, Messages, blur and multitasking.

4. !GS51! macrumors regular

Ill rate the os based on each device. On the iphone 4, 6 out of 10.
    4S an 8 out of 10
    5 a 9/10
    Ipads 5/10

5. Damolee macrumors 6502

7.5...still feels a bit beta, but that will change when im not seeing the old keyboard constantly. LoL

6. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

I give it a 5. (Please, this is my opinion, don't reply to me saying I like iOS 7 blablabla)

Should feel faster than iOS 7 but it doesn't, it's slower.
    Some icons are ugly
    Dock is ugly
    Colors are too childish
    Doesn't look professional anymore
    Don't like the new cellular signal
    GM doesn't feel like a final version (Safari still crashes for no reason)

7. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

9/10 on the iPhone 5
    6 or 7/10 on iPad 3

Really do love it on the iPhone though.

8. nutmac macrumors 68040

In terms of overall improvement over iOS 6, 7 out of 10.

My quick summary is that iOS 7 is a working progress. User interface changes aside, iOS 7 is about as major upgrade as iOS 6, which wasn't as big of an upgrade as past major iOS updates were.

Having said that, iOS 7 brings smaller but very useful and important changes, such as Control Center, call and message block, audio-only FaceTime, improved usability on Safari (combined address/search bar, quicker access to iCloud tabs and private mode), Today view on Notification Center, smart inboxes in Mail, dramatically faster App Store, and cellular data provisioning per app.

My past scores:

iOS 1: 10
    iOS 2: 10 (most important new features: App Store)
    iOS 3: 6 (most important new features: clipboard, MMS)
    iOS 4: 8 (most important new features: multitasking)
    iOS 5: 9 (most important new features: iCloud, notification center, iMessage)
    iOS 6: 6 (most important new features: Maps, Siri)

9. jwflutterby macrumors regular

Make this a poll

I've only been on it less than a day and I say 6/10...

Not liking the calendar, I don't use the calendar all that often so I can't really put my finger on what exactly changed that I don't like about it but it just seems like too much work to see the info I want to see.

Also don't like that I have to turn off the unread badge for Gmail and iCloud on the email because I can no longer limit how many or far back it pulls in.

Also not really liking all the white... I like that there are changes but let the user pick the base color scheme or something (*cough* like Windows 8 *cough*)...

I'm also having trouble relearning how to swipe... I was a left to right delete-er and with all the email I'm now trying to clear out the new gesture really annoyed me. The swipe up for the new control center is also not cooperating with me very well, not sure if it is me or the OS but I can only get it to pop up about 1 out of every 5 tries. Then again that really could be me, I have to hit my car remote start button 3 times instead of the 2 the directions & installer told me to do because that is the only way I get the cadence right LOL

I'm not noticing the animation issues I've seen others complaining about. I'm usually multitasking so I'm used to tapping, looking away to do something else for a sec then looking back so maybe that's why?

Overall it is nice to see changes (how many complaints have there been about how incremental their OS updates have been before now??) even if I don't like all of them. If they would just give users a little more control I think they would have fewer complaints about how things look/act...

10. Jakimo macrumors 6502

For Apple's intended goal, 9 on iPhone 5 and 8 on iPad.

They did a great job, great under the good enhancements, lots of nice small touches, great looks as well.

I'd like to see much more, but these are my ideas not theirs. Full font uploading and selection. Full default program selection. Full Messages and SMS tools for export import. Full recording abilities including FT, FT audio, regular cell conversations. Dark mode.

Boy I really could go on. I'd love to sit with the team, throw real ideas around. :)

iOS 7 is amazing, Apple went in an excellent direction with the look and feel, grabbing back youth and ladies with the matching redesigned iPhone 5 (colors and plastic) and pushing ahead with nice updates for the rest of us. (5S with its sick camera, dedicated motion chip, speedy 64-bit and so on)

11. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

iPhone 5 running iOS 7 GM I'd give it a 4/10
    It runs, but between having to choose specific wallpapers to incorporate a theme that only partially shows is very annoying and inconsistent. The white level used is too bright and pretty much an eyestrain. Battery life while you can get thru the day is very suspect. Seems like my phone drains quicker on the same tasks that were used in iOS 6

iPad 4 running iOS 7 GM I'd give a -10/10
    It's horrible, it's blurry, white levels are too bright even with brightness at 0. Keyboard is static and unaware of browser entries in Safari. Videos don't play unless you scrub to :01 second ahead. It stutters when reorienting the screen from landscape to portrait and vice versa. Looks to me like they took the iPhone version and tossed it onto the iPad. The blurriness is just painful. Wait on upgrading your iPad.

12. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

8 out of 10.

Love the new look and features but just some glaring issues......

No all day calendar events in Notification Center.
    Missing current temperature half the time in NC as well.
    No Airplay control within the music app. Have to do it from Control Center.

13. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Overall: 9/10

There are always areas for improvements (animation speeds, etc), but I think they have done an excellent job modernizing iOS and creating a foundation to build on for years to come.

I also believe that perceived value, customer satisfaction, and scores in threads like this will significantly increase as soon as the majority of popular apps have been updated to adopt the look/feel of the OS. Right now the vision is somewhat incomplete and not cohesive. Time will resolve that.

14. DEG1 macrumors member

8 out of 10

Not liking maps at all. Too difficult to see while driving, and I use it a lot. Guess it's Google until this gets fixed.

15. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

Five out of 10. I guess my expectations were too high. I really like control center and call and message block, but I don't much like the white backgrounds everywhere, especially on Contacts and in email. I was thinking before the GM that I wouldn't have to bother with a jailbreak, but if I want to phone to look the way I want it to look, a JB seems the only option.

Oh, and the "new" calendar implementation? It *really* sucks.

16. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

LOL... gets fixed. Keep dreaming.

17. Tamagotchi macrumors 6502

Tamagotchi

6/10 barely passed. Ive didn't deliver.

Ive, GTFO. Go back to hardware, I love your hardware, not your software.

18. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

Looks (icons, etc): 1/10

Intuitive-ness: (same as ios 6.1 but skinned differently): 7/10

Performance: 9/10

Battery life: (after removing passbook GPS, turing off some system services, and shutting off parallax scrolling w/o any dynamic wallpapers): same as ios 6.1 : 7/10

Multitasking: 9/10

Photostream: (can now share HD VIDEOS): 10/10

iMessage: (can now send full HD VIDEOS): 10/10

Features added (call blocking, accessibility options, wonderful new sounds, control center/lock screen accesses): 10/10

iPhone 5C: 0/10 - completely dumbfounded. Going back to plastic and "unapologetic" about it all is just asinine. If plastic was so good, why is the iPhone 5S in aluminum?

19. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

20. Purant macrumors 6502

Uhhh. I would say 6-7/10. But in general I approve. It's the start of a new direction, everything is not quite there yet, there are little bugs and inconcistencies and the animations are a little annoying. In general it is usable though and I feel like it will all start to come together in the future.

21. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

22. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I give it a 8.5 A good improvement over iOS 6.

23. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Overall, 9.5/10

There are still many minor quirks about iOS 7 that throw me off, but overall, this is the best smartphone OS i've ever used, and I've used them all.

24. glawrence33 macrumors member

I'd say back in June 4 out of 10, but after using it all this time and now the GM 9 out of 10.