What is your highest priority in a phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wrathwitch, Jul 31, 2012.

?

What is your FIRST priority in a phone?

1. Style/Appearance/Brand Name

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. Screen Size

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Reliability (hassle free device)

26 vote(s)
    56.5%
  4. Apps (above and beyond the regular OS offerings)

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. Speed

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Customer Service

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Battery life

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Wrathwitch, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Should have said MOBILE PHONE in my headline but can't correct it.

You hear all of the complaints about design etc, people saying that the new phone will be Apple's beginning of downward slide (which I don't believe for a minute). People whining about long phone etc.

When I first got my iP4, the main reason I bought it was I thought it was sexy AND had a good reputation. Putting all of the screen, apps, styling etc I believe the thing I valued MOST about the iPhone was its reliability!

So here is my poll, what is your highest prioritiy in a phone? I realize that a good phone consists of a few of these things put together, but what is your FIRST priority?

Broken down by:

Style/Appearance/Brand name

Screen size

Reliability (makes calls, works easily without glitches etc)

Apps (above and beyond what the OS provides as basic services)

Speed of completing tasks

Customer Service

Battery life

The reason I put this poll up is to see if people can take away all of the sensationalism and break it down to basics.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its a phone, so I want to be able to make calls - that's my #1 priority.

3. goodEYEDsniper macrumors newbie

Lol you beat me to it

4. Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

LOL I was still working on my Poll Mayflynn! I would qualify call making as Reliability.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

most important = Reliability.

least important = screen size.

6. Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

I have been finding it interesting hearing the iPhone fans, complaining about the device and perhaps forgetting what it was about the phone that drew them in, or keeps them as a loyal customer. I highly doubt it is screen size alone.

I think the reason I recommend iPhone to my friends even though I am currently trying out the other pasture, is simply because of the reliability of the device and customer service. I know it will be a pleasurable and easy transition for people. Besides it is always great to know if I get sick of my GS3 that there is always a set of comforting arms to fall into haha!

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I was gonna say the same thing.

Interesting poll by the way.

8. emma777 macrumors member

Exactly.......and i also want to Music station in it. :)

9. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

1. Reception
    2. Reception
    3. Reception

Contact storage, camera quality, email, texting, music player, and games are all secondary.

10. supham macrumors newbie

11. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Mine is screen quality more than screen size but that's not an option.

12. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Very tough to answer since several of the options are equally important to me, i.e. if they're not right, either one of those would be a total dealbreaker (design, reliability and screen size).

If you turned it around, the things I'd have the easiest time sacrificing would probably be battery life and customer service. (And camera - the poll kind of lacks that option.) Then apps - I tend to use just the basic apps which are equally good on iOS and Android (no experience with Windows Mobile).

I guess if I'd really, really had to choose just one though, it'd be design (I'd rather call it that than style/appearance/brand name as I don't give a crap about the brand name itself or whether others consider the phone to be stylish). My current example is the Galaxy S3, which I would buy in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the cheesy design with the Samsung logo on the front, which I just can't stand.

On the other hand, I'd happily stay with my iPhone 4S forever if it wasn't for the tiny screen (same goes for the elongated iPhone 5 screen)...

13. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

if a phone isn't reliable, nothing else really matters.. unless you want a really expensive piece of lump.

14. faroZ06 macrumors 68040

faroZ06

It's hard for me to choose a priority, so I'll say reliability since it affects everything.

15. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Reliability

Often I'll try and app and it looks good until I realize that it's interface is built with looks in mind but when I need to get something done very quickly sometimes that best looking apps fail the speed test.

I need reliability and the user interfaces that get my work done quickly.