'What?': Katy Gallagher explains mansplaining to Mitch Fifield during fiery estimates showdown Read

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by cfedu, Feb 11, 2016.

1. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...ring-fiery-estimates-showdown-20160210-gmr3u5

2. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Who would have thought?

3. FieldingMellish Suspended

Every special interest group on the Left has their own inventive passive aggressive terminology. I dare say more Leftist terms of derision are making it into the common lexicon and dictionarys of late. What an angry bunch.

4. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

More like the regressive lefts acceptance that women can not be sexist. "Mansplaining" is a derogatory term and should not be used is Senate hearings. Would it be acceptable if a senator told a black senator that they are blacksplaining? How about womansplaining or retardsplaining.

real meaning of mansplaining
    The regressive left will do anything to censor speech, from making new derogatory words for men or by creating university safe spaces just like they tried the other day with
    Milo Yiannopoulos.

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Left and right are both angry. Don't think the left has a lock on derogatory language. Fancier sometimes, maybe, which I'll give you is silly; plainspeaking gets the point across most effectively. Unless it's so rude that the rudeness becomes the message and the real point is lost forever.

I mean if you have to explain to a patronizing son of a bitch what means "mansplaining", then pretty much you are not going to make the point you might have made in just calling him a patronizing son of a bitch. Or whatever down-toned variant of that doesn't break the rules of the legislative house you're speaking in at the time.

On the other hand, honey does catch more flies than vinegar, so maybe skipping commentary on an opponent's attitude and just sticking to the topic at hand is the best path forward.

But on anger, the right is running neck and neck with the left for the fool's gold medal. On aggression, both right and left supporters are getting louder and nastier. All over the world...

6. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Who needs Wikipedia, when you've got Urban Dictionary (#4) to source content?

WOW. You are failing hard in this thread. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

7. lowendlinux, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016

lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

You mean "If you'd keep your pugnacious, pompous, patronizing, and condescending pie hole closed fatty you'd learn something and loose a few pounds" would have less effect?? :(

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

^^ It's... possible? I wonder how often anyone in the Senate ever considered saying something like that to another Senator. That's probably the general translation of some of those sentences that start out with "If the honorable gentleman would remember that in the previous draft of this amendment..."

9. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

Yup, I'm an "angry" leftist and that is why I care.

From wikipedia not that is any better.

And here is salon lamenting the loss of the word

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/20/rip...internet_killed_one_of_our_most_useful_words/

10. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

The difference between those folks and myself is they have both tact and class two virtues which I lack

11. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

It's been corrected

12. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

Instead insulting me multiple times, why don't you address the article?
    --- Post Merged, Feb 11, 2016 ---

Better that than being a rabid man hating feminist.

13. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

You're not in your safe space yet better get there before the big bad world makes you mess up your drawers

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

sounds like her way of pulling the victim card , just like many cry "racism" anytime they can't come up with a decent argument.
    any of you watch the video?

pretty ironic she complains about the "condescending" way of answering questions by being condescending herself....

15. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

I love how feminists can never address the issue, they purposely derail the decent. Good job!!! This is the reason feminist made the word mansplain, to purposely derail some one.

16. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Thanks for making the OP feel better he was missing that in this thread.
    I addressed it in post 7 and 10

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

watch the video, perhaps she should have taken a midol before the start :eek:..

BOTH sides seemed to be "condescending" to each other. she dropped the ball, no one on her side of the panel backed her up even when the guy called her a hypocrite.

18. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

It was in the link of the OP, do you need me to manslpain that to you?

ya, that was very helpful

19. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I watched it a couple hours ago, personally I'd have bent his nose *shrug*

I'm sure he'll let you wrap your arm over his shoulder while he helps you to your safe space, he has training in moving casualties

20. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Think how much time they wasted having that side discussion. She should have stuck to "If the honorable gentleman means to imply that... blah blah" - which is exactly why they do that stuff with honorable this and honorable that in the US Senate. It saves taxpayer money, you can pick your own insult and mentally fill it in when you read the transcript later.

21. FieldingMellish Suspended

Why hasn’t the Cuban community fired off a nasty letter for the feminist’s cultural misappropriation of ‘Splainin’ ?? That was Ricci Ricardo’s famous inquiry whenever things went awry and Lucy was the apparent culprit.