What Kind of Adhesive is Used to Hold the Glass Screen Together?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HappyDude20, Aug 6, 2010.

  1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68030


    Jul 13, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca
    I've taken apart the MBP screen twice before in the past and earlier today my heart sank when I saw the glass screen out of the black rubber lining.

    I know there is an adhesive used to further firmly hold together the plastic glass with the rest of the MBP screen.....

    .....however don't know exactly what type of adhesive is used.

    Anyone got any idea what kind is it?
  2. Heat305 macrumors newbie

    Aug 2, 2010
  3. ouimetnick macrumors 68020


    Aug 28, 2008
    Beverly, Massachusetts
    :confused::confused: It seems in the videos on youtube that the glass flexes a little bit, but you can still shatter it. But I doubt its plastic glass... or does that exist?
  4. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

    Jun 27, 2010
    theres gorilla glass not sure if the macbook uses it though
  5. MadMacMonkey macrumors newbie

    Dec 21, 2010
    UK supplier of adhesive strips for display glass

    I had to replace my glass screen on mu 15"Unibody MBP, which was a chore in itself, but then I found the screen was not properly attached with the adhesive so have had to hunt for a new set of adhesive strips.

    Exhaustive research found this supplier:


    Still waiting for the adhesive to arrive, but was pleased to find an excellent list of spares and parts for it in the future.

Share This Page