What kind of battery life are the 4s people seeing? (5.0.1)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SweetLou122, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetLou122 macrumors regular

Hey guys, just picked up my 4s and noticed the battery dropping quickly a few days later. It came with 5.0.1, so I called apple to see what they said. I have read a fair amount about the issues, but they seem to range all over the place in regards to usage vs percent loss vs services on. I restored the phone as a new phone which seems to have significantly helped.

But I want to get some other experiences to make sure I'm not expecting too little or too much (Don't really feel like exchanging it if its just mental)

So heres what I experienced before the restore.
    Minimal usage, location on at first, then turned it off, as well as wifi.
    Woke up, took off charger at 10, wifi off, location off. Sent a few texts, made a 1 min phone call, checked email once, down 10% within the hour. Down to 80 something the next hour with little usage.

After the restore- I've been trying to drain this guy as I want to see how normal usage tomorrow goes. Took off the charger at 4PM, turned location on (find my phone, weather etc) throughout the day as apps asked. Used maps for 1 min, probably 20 min combined web browsing, played a few games <20 min, streamed about 2 min of netflix. And repeatedly checked email and the weather. Right now its at 50%, but its been around 55 since 1130. So thats ~8hours of moderate-usage.

Big Improvement to my eyes, but what has everyone else experienced?

edit* Thought I'd add, It drops about a percent every minute or so I am in a heavy usage app such as maps, or netflix etc.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.