What kind of Camera and/or Camera setting would produce these kinds of photos????

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by VideoNewbie, Oct 23, 2010.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

http://thefiasco.dphoto.com/#/album/247ban/

is this post editing or is it a certain camera setting to capture these types of photos?

particulrly the nightclub photos when you scroll to the light and how it captures the streams of neon lights...

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

There's probably some post-processing, but the shots themselves just look like well-timed flash in a longer exposure.

3. ComputersaysNo macrumors 6502

ComputersaysNo

It's a combination of 'dragging the shutter' and second curtain flash i think.

You have a long shutterspeed (1/8th of a second or so), 'painting' the lights, and at the end of those 1/8th of a second the flash fires, freezing the moment.

1/8th looks like a short time, but in photographyland it is considert long.

Maybe he will tell you when you contact him.

4. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Magicians never tell you how to do their tricks

5. El Cabong macrumors 6502a

You'll have to have (1) a long exposure (1 second+) to allow for large camera movements and to give you time to properly reframe the shot, with (2) a rear curtain flash (i.e. it fires just before the shutter closes). For nightclub shooting, keep the ISO down to keep the quality up, and to do stuff like this.

6. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

It isn't hard to do if you have the right equipment (camera and external flash), just move the camera around while the shutter is tripped to paint the lights.