What kind of case are you going to put your iphone in??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Matt H, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Matt H macrumors newbie

Well, i havn't received my 16gb black yet (damn DF), but i did order an invisible shield for it for when it comes in. Though i agree that the invisible shield will definitley protect against scratches, i do not think that it would protect very well in a drop situation. I've been looking at the clear hard plastic cases to put on in tandem with the invisible shield. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Links would be awesome.

2. jlanuez macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

u had the shield on early order so it was here when I got my white 16gb yesterday. Had loads of trouble with the "wings" on the shield and cut them off. I like the shield as it makes the iPhone easy to grip (non slip), no plans for a case.

I put my wifes white 16gb in a pink hard case, no shield SMS no screen shield.

3. jlanuez macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

u had the shield on early order so it was here when I got my white 16gb yesterday. Had loads of trouble with the "wings" on the shield and cut them off. I like the shield as it makes the iPhone easy to grip (non slip), no plans for a case.

I put my wifes white 16gb in a pink hard case, no shield SMS no screen shield.

4. Amigaman macrumors regular

Amigaman

5. SMacDuff macrumors 6502

SMacDuff

6. mciarlo macrumors 6502

mciarlo

7. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i have the sena elega with a ps crystal film.

8. SMacDuff macrumors 6502

SMacDuff

I personally like the Hipster. looks classier than the other two. Just my opinion. Good choices anyway and good luck making a final decision.

9. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i just got my sena ultra thin case yesterday. its not a case as much as it is a pouch. i got the white one. it is good but i am just stretching out the leather right now with the iPhone inside of it since its a real tight fit. i think by tomorrow it should be okay.

10. Warped1 macrumors member

11. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

I'm going to use the same case my 2g phone uses... NONE
    Not even a screen cover or shield or what ever.

12. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

13. syclonefx macrumors regular

syclonefx

14. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

this is what I've been using.

Did a quick review on it in the sub-forum

Marware CEO

15. Samaritan macrumors member

16. KPEN7 macrumors member

I bought the contour hardskin case and I love it and I have a crystal film shield on the screen

17. RRK macrumors 6502

RRK

18. franzmueller macrumors regular

Same here .... in Black :)

Saludos

Franz

19. GNice macrumors 6502

Bought the Naked Case, but shipping is 4-6 weeks out so I'm going to try and get a Griffin Elan Form in the interm.

20. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I am using the Agent 18 Ecoshield. I was impressed with their first generation Ecoshields, so I went ahead and got their 3G version. It is glossy black plastic (although I think a white one is available/coming) and fits it really well. The plastic scratches easily, but at least it isn't on my phone! On the screen I have the Power Support Anti-glare Film Set. I've been a fan of their films for a while.

21. Advance The Man macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A345 Safari/525.20)

have the griffin hard case too. Love it. Wife got a see-through hard case from Apple store last night. The Apple repair employee only recommended hard cases. His theory basically says the hard case will break before the iPhone will. Today I ordered both iPhones egrips. They're meant to put on the front and back of actual phone, but I am going to put over the hard case. If you have never used them they are great. Used them for every Treo Ive had. www.egrips.com

22. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

Seems to me, your ideal case depends on how you like to use your iphone. My requirements:

1. Pocketable I like to keep my phone in my pocket, so the case needs to be as slim as possible.

2. No Sleeves The SENA and BELKIN sleeves look nice, but I don't like the idea of having to take my phone out of a sleeve every time I answer the call. That means I first have to take the phone out of my pocket and then out of its sleeve.

3. No belt clips/holsters This is purely a fashion thing. It seems like it would be very useful, but I just don't like having things stuck to my belt line. That's the kind of thing my DAD (age 60+) likes to do with his gadgets.

So that leaves three possibilities: hard cases like the Agent 18, silicone cases like the Belkin Silicone Sleeves, or something like the Sena Wallketskin with a flap that protects the screen. In the end, I went with the silicone skin as I've read reviews of the hard plastic cases leaving scratches on the phone over time. The flap cases are nice but I didn't like the idea of a flap hanging out while I'm using the phone; and they look a bit bulky too.

23. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

24. Alloye macrumors 6502a

No case for me. I just don't like how any of them look. Plus my original iPhone still looked new after a year despite being naked all that time. I just carry it in a pocket by itself.