What kind of documentation do you need to show for using a credit card warranty?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by coldjeanzzz, Jun 3, 2014.

1. coldjeanzzz macrumors 6502a

I bought my MBA with an Amex card about 18 months ago so it was supposed to extend it from 1 year to 2 years warranty. I've been having trouble with my trackpad so I want to bring it in to Apple, but I'm certain they will ask for some sort of documentation on how I purchased it before they do anything. Anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The extended warranty is through amex, not apple. You'll have to contact amex on how best to proceed for any warranty work Apple does not extend their warranty when you use an amex - two different animals.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You're going to need to contact Amex for information about how their warranty works to be absolutely sure, but from what I understand, basically you foot the bill for the repair (put on your Amex card?) and then you have to file a claim here with Amex to get reimbursed for the repair. You'll need your receipt for the original purchase, and the bill for the repairs, at minimum.

4. coldjeanzzz thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. BSoares macrumors regular

I'd say start with AMEX and see what they want you to do. You can call too and speak to a person that will guide you through the process.

Both times I've had to use their extended warranty they just reimbursed me for the purchase price and told me to go buy another one. I guess on an item that costs a lot that could be a different story though so check with them and see how to proceed.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, Amex is pretty good about stuff like this.

7. 617aircav Suspended