What kind of iPad Gamer are you?

What kind of gamer are you?

• Not a Gamer (I don't play any games on the iPad)

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Casual Gamer (Angry Birds, Words with Friends, Temple Run etc)

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Hardcore Gamer (FPS, Red Faction, Infinity Blade, RPG's)

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Poser (I download a lot more games than I actually play)

Votes: 21 24.4%

• Total voters

KittyKatta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
SoCal
Theres so much talk about gaming on the iPad, but I'm curious what kind of gamers everyone is.

Personally, I guess I'm a Casual iPad gamer because I'm not feeling the iPad is comfortable for more involved games but instead I find myself sticking to the "pick-up and Play" titles or whatever cheap .99c game that will keep me occupied for a few days.

Yggbert

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
Hardcore gamer is a dumb term but I will laugh more if somebody says they are one on an iPad.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
I guess casual...

I play on my Xbox 360 and PS3.

When I get bored of playing them I tend to play some iOS games. Even then, I usually only play them for like 20 min max.

master-ceo

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The SUN
Oldschool Emulator Gamer, but I love the Classics and FPS that came out for the iPad too. you know? Midway, Sega, GTA, COD and a few Gameloft jawns.

Anlino

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
More hardcore than casual, I suppose. I don't mind playing Angry Birds every now and then either though.

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
I own a PS3, 360, Vita, gaming PC etc., so I don't really use my iOS devices for games too much. I'll download a bunch of games but will only really get into a few. :eek:

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
Oops. I already voted for casual before I saw poser. The definition of poser fits pretty well. I download games with the intention of playing, but usually don't. I have the ipad 1 right now though so I think I'll be playing more with this amazing screen!

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
Why can't I be casual and hardcore (is there a way to make a poll so that you can pick more than one option)?

Different games for different moods/situations.

I'd also say have to be part poser. I'm a little ambitious on how many games I can play and I keep finding good deals so I have a ton of games that I haven't even gotten to yet.

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
How's the vita? I've been considering it, and it definitely looks amazing.
It's a really nice device overall. Beautiful screen, nice ergonomics. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the market for a good handheld gaming device. Not to start a war, but I couldn't even look at my 3DS after getting the Vita, so much so that I ended up selling it.