What kind of keyboard mechanism will have the next macbookpro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joscejrod, Oct 18, 2015.

1. joscejrod macrumors 6502

joscejrod

Hello guys! Like you, I´m waiting for the next macbook pro announcement to decide between purchasing new skylake redesigned 13"(or similar) macbook pro or 2nd generation retina macbook. As you know, Apple has released two kind of keyboard mechanism this year, a new butterfly mechanism and later (maybe because of some macbook user complaint), an improved scissor mechanism...this strategy is a little bit inconsistent for users, because Apple announced new butterfly typing experience like revolutionary, and few months later, they release a new "magic" keyboard with old mechanism...What do you think about that?

2. Oppenheim macrumors 6502

I think there could be 2 or 3 options available? I think any new keyboard takes a bit of getting used to to. I actually really like the butterfly on the MacBook. I don't think these "complaints" are valid complaints - more certain types of users who are set in their ways and don't like change (a perfectly valid position). I wouldn't be surprised to see keyboard preferences available to users when purchasing. Though Apple may just decide to enhance the current butterfly to address feedback from the outspoken niche users.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Either one would be fine with me. I really like the keyboard on my wife's rMB and the new Magic Keyboard, which I received over the weekend, is great too.

Either are, IMHO, superior to the last generation.