What kind of skin/protector, like moshi palmguard, do you use for the

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gathart, Mar 15, 2009.

1. gathart macrumors regular

macbook pro? moshi palmguard only covers up to 15", can't find any others.

2. jagr200 macrumors member

I don't use one. Why would you need one if you take care of it? I make sure my hands are completely clean and grease free before I use it and I also keep all fluids and food away. I also carry it in a nice soft Targus bag when I am transporting it. So there is no need.

3. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

I find the Z-Cover version is a good fit and works for me. I got mine from the Apple Store. Fits the UMBP and wireless keyboard very well. I soon got used to the change in feel when typing.
    The Moshi isn't an ideal fit (as other threads here have discussed) for the Uni MBPs.
    I don't like the iSkin version. The clear (Arctic) one I had discolored quickly and lint seems to stick to it like it's glued in place. Even vigorous washing didn't help much. My Z-Cover seems to be a bit easier to clean up.

4. NickM macrumors 6502

The thread starter asked a question. Why are you trying to defeat it?
    This is the second negative post I've seen by you today.
    If someone asks for help or suggestions, don't question why they want to do what they want to do. Just a bit of friendly advice...

I don't use a skin, but I do transport it in my Wenger backpack. It's very snug and protected in there. I have been thinking about getting a skin for it, though... just for added protection. These computers aren't cheap and there's no harm in trying to protect it.

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

He's referring to the wrist-rest area, not the keyboard. However, since you brought it up, the Moshi keyboard protector fits fine. There is about a 1mm lip that sticks above the keyboard that everyone is throwing a fit about, but it really is negligible and even just plain silly to complain about.

As to the OP's question, I have used the Marware protection pack in the past on my previous 15" MacBook Pro (non-unibody), although the Moshi PalmGuard is a far superior product. The Marware unit was somewhat porous; as such, it began to look dirty as it wore. The Moshi unit seems like it should be much more durable. You should try emailing them to see if they have any plans for a 17" version; since Apple only recently updated the 17", it's possible that Moshi has a 17" version in development that has not yet been released.

6. apersianboyCOM macrumors 6502

I use the Moshi ClearGuard and I think it's great, and way better than the iskin/zcover versions.

7. jagr200 macrumors member

I don't want your so called "Friendly Advice". I just stated that if one takes care of their electronics covers are not necessary. Did Apple sell one or design one for the MBP? Nope. That means it is not a needed thing.

8. blitzraider macrumors member

Moshi Cleargaurd
    Invisible Shield

PERFECT COMBINATION, in my opinion

9. James Cole macrumors 6502

Skin protectors look very crappy... just use your computer as it came... our do you want to pass it on as new?

10. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

The question was "What kind of skin/protector, like moshi palmguard, do you use"

You stated you DON'T use one. Why even bother posting in this thread? To tell us how clean you keep your hands? Congratulations, my 6 year old keeps her hands clean too. I'm sure that was also helpful to the OP.

As for an answer to the ACTUAL question, I use the moshi Palmguard. Awesome product, blends in with a perfect color match to the aluminum, and regardless of how clean your hands are, the acid levels in your skin / sweat can cause black pitting in aluminum. It's been a common issue all way back to the first aluminum shells.

11. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

And I thought that you can't get any more gay than the real Jagr.
    So because Apple has not designed any bags or sleeves mean they're not necessary? Riiiiiight...
    I have noticed way too many negative and useless posts from you. And his friendly advice is actually a good one. We are here to help each other (or most of us), so if you don't like that, get the **** out of here.

12. dukedvl macrumors member

On Soapbox . . .I'd appreciate posters not using gay as a derogatory term. It can be very offensive to gay people or to people who know someone who is gay . . .Off Soapbox

I use Best Skins Ever, which works well on the outside of the laptop but I don't like the way it works on the palm rest. I am getting ready to order a Moshi Palmguard as the reviews have been excellent. I have also been debating getting the keyguard too.