What kind of stuff are you expecting to come out with the SDK?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CVV1, Feb 26, 2008.

1. CVV1 macrumors member

CVV1

I reeeaaallly want a customizable home screen (backround...dock), a few games would be sweet, thats all I want.

What can we expect?

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think it'll just be applications, such as games, to do list etc. etc.

3. EdwardsNH macrumors member

Think software. A customizable home screen will most likely come with a firmware update.

I'm looking forward to a password manager, good todo program, nice chess game, and anything else that makes me go "wow, didn't think of that. That's damn sweet" :)

4. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

oh you know... free money is cool too.....

:D but really, iPhysics and a coustimizable (oh yeah... i botched that spelling) home screen (changeable backgrounds, etc....)

5. bodhammer macrumors member

Ditto - my exact list as well with the addition of unit converter and the game of Go and Backgammon!

6. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

Games. iBlackjack springs to mind, but I'd like to see Poke-A-Mole, and a Warioware style minigame suite.

7. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i want 802.x.x support!!! this is driving me nuts that i can't use my ipod on my school's campus!

8. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

I would like an ebook reader. Possibly chess as well.

9. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Did someone say $20 January Software Update? :cool:

R-Fly

10. Spiderman1490 macrumors newbie

what exacley is SDK?

11. CVV1 thread starter macrumors member

CVV1

I just want a picture in the backround, dammit!!!! Thats what I mean, lol.

And a choice of docks

12. skaterxx macrumors newbie

you don't know what SDK is? Its a software developers kit that will allow native 3rd party applications to be installed on your iphone or ipod touch, apps such as games and you will probably have the ability to do much more once SDK is officialy released on March 6th.

13. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

an httpmail plugin for Mail so I can use hotmail.

14. ks-man macrumors 6502a

I think the two that everyone would want are:

Slingplayer
    I'm sure Apple won't like the idea of skype as it could take sales away from the iPhone, but I would certainly expect to see slingplayer at some point.

15. Spiderman1490 macrumors newbie

so would that meen there wouldn't really be any reason to jail break 1.1.4.? unless you wanted to edit acouple of things on the ipod touch? and would this be something that is on itunes?

16. jbarr macrumors regular

OK, so it's a memory pig, but Wiki2Touch really is absolutely jaw-dropping. I'd LOVE to see it "officially" available.

17. jbarr macrumors regular

No, it means that Apple will exclusive control what is available for you to install. And I'm not trying to be cynical here, just realistic. In requiring digital signatures for all applications, Apple will have much better control over security, stability, and distribution of applications. This should significantly reduce the need to support the apps as opposed to just any application beng able to be installed. Currently, there is no "control" in the Jailbreak world.

Absolutely. What a better place for Apple to provide the applications? iTunes is proven, simple to use, and the content is affordable. Time will tell as to just how affordable the new applications will be.

I'm very interesting to see if down the road, the two can coexist. I anticipate that there will be lots of applications available through Apple that won't be available through the Jailbreak world, and vice versa. Having the capability to maintain both concurrently could be useful.

18. DarthTreydor macrumors 6502