What launch questions or stats would you like to see answered?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dysert, Apr 25, 2015.

1. dysert macrumors regular

Since this is a new approach for Apple what questions would you find interesting to see answered?
    Examples
    1) How many watches did they ship on 4/24?
    2) How much time did it take by model for the initial inventory to be exhausted for day 1 deliveries?
    3) How many total orders did they receive on April 10?
    4) Don't think there is much mystery based on the number of posts on this forum by model but which combos did they get right and which ones did they blow it?
    5) How did they determine which combos would be most popular?
    6) Their theoretical list in order of volume and how the initial orders compared to their list
    7) Are they going to reconsider store deliveries at launch for the next product?
    8) Why not push back release two weeks and deliver all models on launch? Would overwhelm the logistical capabilities of UPS and that is why they spread deliveries out?

2. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

3. dysert thread starter macrumors regular

I agree, where is my 42mm SS BSB? Me and a bunch of other people who received confirmed orders in 3 mins or less of starting to take orders.

4. dysert thread starter macrumors regular

How about order received time?

Is is the time in the email header that you can use a frame of reference of sequence of orders received? For the 42mm SS BSB it is down to the seconds. As of today it appears that anyone with an order confirmation in the US before 3mins and 30 seconds maybe getting their watch soon.

----------

Did those who used the APP initially get their orders filled ahead of the web site orders? The app appeared to be available for orders a couple minutes ahead of the Apple store on line.