What Mac stuff do you want for X-mas?

Mac n' Steve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2002
NJ
I was just wondering what you guys want for Christmas? From an iPod for music to an Airport card for your laptop? My friend would like a 5 GB iPod because you could use it as a Hard Drive. I myself wopuld like a ibook... What would you like?

kiwi_the_iwik

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2001
London, UK
I'd like a Griffin Powermate, a Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold Joystick, a LaCie D2 external hard drive, and a GeForce 3 ADC AGP card (to replace my aging Rage 128 in my Cube...).

A nice Powerlogix Dual-Gig processor upgrade wouldn't go amiss, either...

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
I want a nice digital camera, surround sound speakers for our TV, and a Game Cube.

I wouldn't mind an iBook though.. but it would be pointless...

Hmm... which one should I ask my parents to buy? They say I can only have one (not the iBook, though)...

irmongoose

Bradcoe

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2002
Northeast U.S.
!

I asked for an mp3 player and didn't think I would be able to get an iPod so I had been looking at flash based mp3 players for a while. Then I went home for thanksgiving break and my parents told me they ordered a 5gig iPod! THEN I saw Dell had 10% off so my mom cancelled the 5gig order and got the 10gig with all the extras for only $60 more! I can't wait to go home for winter break and play with it!!!

ExoticFish

macrumors 6502a
All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth

I want to upgrade my 1GHz superdrive TiBook to 1GB of ram, a 20GB ipod, suround sound speakers would be great, the collectors edition of the LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring, and The Matrix sequels to get here sooner! :D

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Hmmmm........ I wouldn't mind a Apple 23" HD display........

But no real hardware that I want except my new 1GHz PowerBook, that I just received shipment notification on today...... YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I have however bought my brother an iSub for his new eMac for Christmas, anything to help the Apple conversion cause!! heh heh!!

I haven't really decided what I'd like for Christmas yet........ I quite fancy a Tamiya TXT-1 as I'm a firm believer in Christmas being for toys and gadgets not sensible boring stuff!! Although I also have my eye on a new DV Camcorder too!! But I might wait for the English phenomenon that is the January sales, cos' they'll be much cheaper then!! Heh heh!! :D

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Mac-related stuff:

Mac OS X 10.2
4x4 Evolution 2
Photoshop 7 Upgrade
Toast Titanium 5.2
Stuffit Deluxe 7

Non-Mac Stuff:

Nascar Thunder 2003 for Xbox
DVD: The Net

CD List: :D

Rush Of Blood by Coldplay
Weathered by Creed
Korn [Explicit] by Korn
The K&D Sessions by Kruder & Dorfmeister
Love & Faith & Inspiration by Lindsay Pagano
Metallica by Metallica
By The Way by Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Love Peas: Ballad Hits by Roxette
Back Into Your System [Explicit] by Saliva
Every Six Seconds by Saliva
Dysfunction by StainD
Does This Look Infected [Explicit] by Sum 41
Steal This CD [Explicit] by System Of A Down
Tantric by Tantric
Welcome [Explicit] by Taproot
Regulate...G Funk Era [Explicit] by Warren G.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Re: What Mac stuff do you want for X-mas?
Gosh, Mac n' Steve, I didn't know you were shopping for me! So nice of you to ask what I want.

However, what I want is very hard to get for me. I have the equipment and software. What I want is time to experiment, read documentation, and learn to use it all. I want to develop software, edit home videos, experiment with new technologies, try shareware, manage my music collection, and become a master of Mac OS X at Unix level. All I need is time to do it all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.