What makes a Sunroof cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Cool as in hip or cool as in how is it cool to the touch? If it's about the temperature then it is not, at least mine is not. If it's the latter, well they're cool because it gives those who do not need or cannot have a convertible the option for some open, up top, air.

OP: you need a hobby, or perhaps to pay more attention in school if you're around that age, or even a day job. ;)

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
Sunroof

I used to love my sunroof....

Until one night I heard my car alarm going off, ran outside, and found my sunroof ripped up about 5 inches too far. Now my sunroof wont close. Now I can't wash my car until its warm enough to use the hose at my house.

Not cool at all.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I have one and I used it twice. I don't get how it's cool, people can't even see if you have it open or not.
+1. I have never seen a car with a sunroof and said "oh wow, that's cool!" or opened up mine and said "oh wow, I'm cool!"

I open mine up because I want some extra air flowing in or because I farted and need as much fresh air as I can get, not because I want anybody to think I'm cool.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
I order my cars from the factory, rather than picking from the lot, so I can get exactly what I want. Part of that is to order without a sunroof since dealers always order with sunroofs. The reasons I don't want a sunroof are:

1. I almost never use it
2. Costs extra money ($1000 on my MINI)
3. Adds extra weight (about 50 lbs), adding to a higher center of gravity
4. Reduces the car's rigidity
5. Another thing to break out of warranty
6. Takes away about 1.5" of headroom (less for my helmet at the track)
7. Not having it makes for a cleaner look on the outside (I have a white roof)

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Being owned by someone who is not concerned with whether the sunroof makes him/her look cool. :rolleyes:

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
The nicest thing about a sun roof is in Houston Heat they can be put into a vent mode while you are in a store to keep the car cooler for when you get back. Other wise they are just kind of a waste and cut into very valuable headroom space.

renewed

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2009
Bemalte Blumen duften nicht.
I actually like my sun roof on my Tahoe.

1. It lets more light in. My windows are tinted (helps with Texas heat) but the sunroof, although slightly tinted, allows a more open and airy feel while driving.

2. It's nice. I like opening it up on evenings like last night; 70 degrees outside, clear skys, etc...

3. It's nice to open up "vent-wise", as to not open all the way but tilt, when it feels stuffy. Flying down the freeway at 80mph makes having windows down uncomfortable (IMO), but opening the sunroof part way allows air to flow and "un-stuffy" the interior.

*Yes I made up some words in this post.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
+1. I have never seen a car with a sunroof and said "oh wow, that's cool!" or opened up mine and said "oh wow, I'm cool!"

I open mine up because I want some extra air flowing in or because I farted and need as much fresh air as I can get, not because I want anybody to think I'm cool.
Yes but if you have a sunroof you can totally wave goodbye the same way David Duchovny did in Beethoven, to Charles Grodin.

Jessica In re the "jugs".... if you do that you'll need some stunner shades to really pull it off :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.