What measures will you take to protect yourself from harm if you're one of the few lucky X owners?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldfrapp, Sep 25, 2017.

?

What measures will you take to protect yourself from iPhone X-inspired crimes?

1. Hire a bodyguard or become friends with one

2. Never take it out of pocket, ignore calls and texts from jealous wife and angry boss

3. Always leave it at home inside a plastic container in the fridge with the label "not iPhone X"

4. Only use in bed, under blankets, after midnight, after your deranged wife starts snoring

5. Upon UPS delivery, leave the box unopened until your next-door neighbor gets one too, circa 2020

6. Put it in a case mimicking Nokia 3310

7. Chain it to your ear, arm, neck, foot, or other body organ

8. Wear dirty smelly clothes pretending to be a bum who clearly does not, can not, and will not have X

9. Become an iPhone apostate, convert to Androism

10. Buy iPhone 8

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Goldfrapp, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017

Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

It's no doubt that if you are lucky enough to get your hands on iPhone X this year, you will be a huge target on the streets of wild Wild West. The unlucky ones all around you will salivate with envy and desperation at the sight of your fairy-tale iPhone X. What measures will you take to protect yourself from iPhone X-inspired crimes?

2. dannyTO macrumors regular

dannyTO

Highly doubt anyone would notice you have the X unless you're flaunting it and bragging about it.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

And if you are flaunting and bragging about it to others, you deserve to lose it! :D

4. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Cmon

The average person could care less what phone you have

5. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

Poll is flawed. Why isn't there a choice for "use it as usual".

6. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I'm gonna put it in my phone holster on my hip and walk around with my hip pointed outward so the world knows how awesome I am.

7. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

None of the above. My muscles will keep it safe.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 25, 2017 ---
    The average person doesn't steal.

8. protoxx macrumors 6502a

protoxx

Saavik: Humor. It is a difficult concept. It is not logical.

9. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

This seems a bit extreme. I understand it's a sought after phone, But what measures should anyone take when walking around with the iPhone X, even when using it in public after the launch. It's a commodity, not a rare piece of jewelry has a six figure price tag attached.

10. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

11. UL2RA Suspended

They're also incredibly pointless to steal with Find My iPhone enabled on most of them. But criminals tend to be ignorant morons that probably don't even know what that is, so meh.

12. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

your muscles are bullet and knife proof?! :oops: Thieves usually have a weapon when attempting to rob someone.

13. UL2RA Suspended

He is actually a superhero.

14. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

15. bevsb2 macrumors 68000

Most people won't recognize it as the new iPhone since it won't have those huge bezels. For the record I just bought a new iPhone 8 and love it.

16. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502a

AlphaGuitarist

I'll use it the same way I've always used my phones.

17. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

I just hope on my next date she doesn't kick me to the curb because I bought the 8 Plus.

:(

18. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

That's my thinking. These days, EVERYONE has a smartphone, and many (if not most, depending on your location) are iPhones. Unless you're flaunting it or someone is watching you very closely, they're unlikely to take notice.

Also, I generally don't hang out in sketchy places after dark, and I'm not huge, but I'm a well-muscled 30-something black man. There are easier targets.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 25, 2017 ---
    This is true, but most robbers will choose targets that present the least potential threat. I hate to say it, but there will be plenty of women, elderly, and kids/teens carrying these phones as well. They are far more likely targets that a strong looking man.

19. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

They gonna need more than that. Thieves aren't usually counting on people telling them no either. They are hoping things don't get messy. The more chance for things to get messy the higher chance they will be caught and brought to justice.

20. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

Reminds me of a story I read a while back...

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/05/08/oak-park-carjacking-man-dragged-from-car/

That one got messy. It's probably not worth getting killed trying to save personal property... but that's just me.

21. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Get a cute guard dog to follow me around.

22. IGotOne macrumors regular

I carry a Glock 27 everywhere I go. There isn't a jury in the world that would convict me if they knew I was in fear of losing my iPhone X and shot someone full of lead. In fact, I'd expect congress to amend the stand your ground laws shortly to include "someone noticed you had an iPhone X".

So yeah. I'd shoot first and go on enjoying the phone. iPhones Matter. Duh!

23. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Same.. no X.. but CC as a general rule.. Damn I love FL 2A laws vs the BS in CA.

24. 576316 macrumors 601

Couldn't* care less. One day imma broadcast to the whole of America and teach y'all about that saying, so you can all stop saying it wrong!! :D

/s