What monitor should I get for a macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by legolug90, Sep 18, 2011.

1. legolug90 macrumors newbie

I'm a graphic designer and I'm in need of an at least 24" monitor (max 27").
    I need:
    -color accuracy
    -something that is not very harmful to my eyes if i use it for an extended amount of time
    -matte screen. I don't realy have any personal issues with the glossy display (as I've never had one) but from what I've heard most graphic designers go with matte. But if you can recommend a nice glossy monitor, I'll take the advice :).
    -a nice design. I hate anything that looks ugly, from both front and back.

I don't know what to tell you about the price. I can spend anywhere from $10 to $1000.

Any suggestions?

2. duncanbrodie1 macrumors member

This is the monitor for you. I just bought one a little while ago.

http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/PA246Q/

The Asus Pro Art series.
    Its 24" so its on the small side of what you're requesting. But the aspect ratio is 16:10 (1920x1200) so its really nice for any pro work.

Its an IPS panel as well, which was one of the only necessities for me, so it has exceptionally good colour accuracy.

Also, if you're ever doing any serious photo editing, it swivels into portrait mode. Its awesome.

Its also built like a beast, so Im not concerned about needing to replace it any time soon.

----------

Another note, HP just released like 10 new monitors recently, and a few of them are also IPS panels. They seem to be quite affordable, so check those out too.

3. legolug90 thread starter macrumors newbie