What monitor should I get for photography?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mep42, Jul 29, 2009.

1. mep42 macrumors member

Hi All, I am trying to find a good monitor for editing photos and viewing them. I have been looking at the dell g2410, s2409W, and some others. Does anyone have any other suggestions or advice? I don't think I am in the price range for the ultra sharp.

Thanks
    Mark

2. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

I haven't been looking at monitors since I settled on my HDTV over a year ago, but the general rule is to opt for an IPS panel monitor (google it) or a very good PVA/MVA panel.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I have an ACD, before that a Dell. Many monitors are good if you calibrate them. If you're truly dedicated and have the funds eizo or lacie is the way to go imho.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The G2410 was really disappointing IMO. I played around with it for five or so minutes at a friends house and the image quality was extremely shocking. At some point you might want to save and stick with your notebook screen, unless you are trying to use a 13".

5. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

The old 23" Apple ACD were decent. I know you can get them on ebay for a decent price now...

Dell however do have decent spec monitors. As mentioned above though an IPS panel is best.

6. choiboyogg macrumors member

a few years ago i bought a samsung 205t 30" lcd and its awesome... 30 FTW

7. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Eizo S2231 (22 inch) and S2431 (24 inch) are really nice and ok prices ISPS panels.

If you don't have that much to spend get Eizo S2202 or 2402, which are TN-panel, thus not that good colorwise, but still pretty decent.

8. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

I'm sure the glossy haters will want my head for this, but I'm a fan of the Apple Cinema Displays.

9. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Dell 2209WA.
    I'm not sure if there still available. (they sell out constantly) its an 22" IPS monitor for under $250.