What monitor/tv to get as a display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Traeger2591, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Traeger2591 macrumors member

I am considering buying a new display for my 15" MBP I have bought. I will be using it in a dorm so I don't want something too big. I want to get something that will look good with my macbook connected to it and something that displays tv as well (via a tv tuner).

I am wondering if I should get a computer monitor with a tv tuner (this) or an actual tv and hook my macbook up to it via hdmi/vga.

I'm not trying to get the best of the best here but I'd like something that looks nice. It seems to me that the monitor would be a better buy because they are a little bit cheaper than tvs are. I don't really want to go any bigger than a 24" either. Thank you.

Edit: I will also be using this to play xbox 360 frequently so a monitor with mutiple inputs would be nice.

2. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Don't monitors have a higher pixel density that TVs? If so, I'd go for the monitor.

3. Traeger2591 thread starter macrumors member

yeah it seems to me that computer monitors always look better than a tv when connecting a computer.

4. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

I'd say go for it. I was looking at that same display not too long ago, but it depends on what you want to use it for. If just for typical things like Internet, email, and gaming, it's pretty good. But as with anything, I'd say try to find it and use it first. Go to a Best Buy and see if they have it on display.