Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomaustin44

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2013
Received Apple's customer satisfaction survey today for my Apple Watch. Have enjoyed filling it in actually as there's been a lot of suggestions I've wanted to make (although generally I'm a very satisfied customer!). This was one of the final questions and I was interested to hear what other people would answer?

My initial instinct was to say how much I want third-party apps to have better access to sensors/hardware but as this is hopefully coming (and will be a big improvement) in watch OS2, it seemed like a waste.

Instead I think mine would be sleep tracking. What would your 'one thing' be that isn't upcoming in OS2? Can be any Apple Watch by the way, not just the sport.

jmikhail490

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2015
Northern NJ
I would really love my watch to be able to track my sleep as well I think that would be a huge feature.

At first when I got it 3 months ago I wanted it to have a camera because I thought FaceTime on it would be cool and useful since I use it a lot but after some of the comments I've read I think it would be more of a feature that takes up more room and would be hard to use for long periods of time holding your arm out like that to FaceTime. Idk I'm still intrigued by the idea but I wouldn't really be able to tell if I really want it unless I tried it which I know is not reasonable lol. But I would say those two things.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I'm looking forward to sleep tracking...but I'm trying to understand how it will be possible if I have to charge the watch every night:/

I found that I could wear the watch while sleeping by charging it before I went to bed, then charging it again in the morning while I took a shower.

Reactions: tomaustin44

jasie02

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
For SW sport, Sapphire crystal face. I have no problem with scratch all over body of watch, regardless material, as long as zero scratch on the watch face where is most critical in turn on functionality of a watch. I have never own a watch more than $300USD does not have sapphire, and which is the reason prevent me to consider sport.

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
I found that I could wear the watch while sleeping by charging it before I went to bed, then charging it again in the morning while I took a shower.
ok yeah that will work...cause it charges pretty quickly,right? I think it does...I've only had mine since this past Wednesday...still getting used to it and the functions. I used it for my 3 mile run and loved it.

Reactions: tomaustin44

tomaustin44

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2013
ok yeah that will work...cause it charges pretty quickly,right? I think it does...I've only had mine since this past Wednesday...still getting used to it and the functions. I used it for my 3 mile run and loved it.

I know the Apple website says the official charge time is 2.5 hours but mines definitely charged to 100% significantly quicker that that from almost 0%..

How much charge could you get whilst taking a shower?

As for requests for sapphire screens on the sport... personally I'm really really happy with the Ion-X so far (TOUCH WOOD!!).. have had a few dings and not a mark. Perhaps I've been lucky.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
How much charge could you get whilst taking a shower?

That depends on how long you take in the shower. :p

I charge the watch to 100% before I go to bed, sleep with it, top it off while showering, and it lasts me all day. I haven't really looked at the %.

Reactions: gemnilocs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.