What other jobs then riding in an Ambulance can a Paramedic do?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waloshin, Sep 2, 2010.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

What other jobs then riding in an Ambulance can a Paramedic do?

In Canada, and United States?

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Driving an ambulance?

3. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

event first aid.
    hospital assistance.
    search and rescue.
    public safety lectures
    corporation safety lectures
    work compensation board inspector

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

They can be used as an on site emergency personal. They do not need an ambulance for their job. It is just common for it. In lets say a large crowd is hurt they can drop a lot of paramedics offs to help stabilized them.
    Paramedic is emergcy medical personal who's job is keep the personal alive before they get to the hospital. I know a few paramedics who are trained fireman and their job is that of a fireman but they are a licensed paramedic and will do paramedic work on site if they need to.

5. Roric macrumors regular

In my city, all fire fighters are cross trained as paramedics.

6. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I think that's a great idea, because then the fire fighters can perhaps provide first aid to victims after they've dragged them from the burning building or car before the ambulance arrives. Like that fire fighting motorbike I've seen in use here, I think it's really clever.

7. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

It depends on several factors - your level of training, fitness and where you live. The better educated and fitter paramedics are eligible for the cooler jobs, and paramedics are found in some of the coolest places. Search and Rescue choppers would be, I think, the penultimate - exciting, challenging and rewarding to the extreme. Paramedics are also needed at sea on vessels with large crews (e.g. Research ships, cruise ships, oil rigs etc) or for expeditions. Most SWAT teams even have a fully trained paramedic on the team in case someone gets injured during a takedown.

There are lots of opportunities for paramedics, you just need to put in the effort to make sure you are one of the best, because competition for the good jobs is always tough. If possible, I would suggest looking at becoming a paramedic through the military, because they can offer you training opportunities that are difficult to come by elsewhere.

8. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

You could also work on air evac helicopters and airplanes.

9. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

Gladstone Public Safety (in MO) does the same - all the cops are firefighters and medics. So if you get in a high-speed chase there, every cop can PIT you, cut you out of the wreck, and make sure you survive to see the judge:D