What other Smartphone OS have you used?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Duckit, Dec 31, 2011.

?

What other Smartphone OS have you used?

1. Android

64.1%
  2. Blackberry

53.8%
  3. Windows Phone

35.9%
  4. Other

37.2%
  1. Duckit macrumors regular

Duckit

The iPhone 4S is my first smartphone. What other OS have you ever used and how was it?

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

iOS, Mango, Android GB, Android ICS.

All very good OS (GingerBread not so much).

3. flybub macrumors regular

OS5 on Blackberry Storm2.

Currently Android's Gingerbread now with OG Incredible.

On my way to iOS5 with iPhone 4s as soon as it arrives.

4. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

lets just a blackberry on tmobile bits the dust and the thing was cheap but i got 27 trade in when i went to verizon and got my iphone 4 earlier in the month thought about shooting it with my shot gun to see what happens to it but i did not

5. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Used all of them.

Blackberry OS - On my girlfriend's sister's Blackberry Curve 9300. It's her old phone and she lives with us. - Hate it.

Windows Phone 7 - Girlfriend had an Samsung Omnia 7 before she upgraded. Practically my backup phone if my iPhone 4S dies. - Love it! At times I think I might even use it more than my 4S.

Android - Had a Samsung Galaxy S2, but didn't like it that much at all. - Decent enough OS.

Symbian - No idea if this counts but I guess the Sony Ericsson Satio is a smartphone. - Needless to say like the Blackberry OS I hated this too.

At this moment in time I think it's fair to say near the end of next year I will be moving to a WP7 phone for good.

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

webOS, good but very bad hardware and really needs better processor speed to run well. Also Android, FroYo and Gingerbread.
    My first smartphone was PalmOS on the Treo 755p I had, before getting the Palm Pre with webOS.

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

SG2 with Gingerbread is great. Nexus with Ice Cream Sandwich kinda OK.

Newest, just received yesterday is Nokia 800 with Mango 7.5! Now this is a nice phone and what is best, it uses the same size SIM card as the 4S so you can switch back and forth with ease! Forget everything you have seen about a Windows phone, the Mango version on this phone will make it very popular. AT&T will have the Nokia ACE with front facing camera in March with LTE.

8. Hastings101, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011

Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

I had a Samsung Focus (awesome phone with Windows Phone 7), until it met its unfortunate demise in a duck pond, replaced it with an iPhone 4S because the new Windows Phone 7 devices seemed the same as the first generation. Before the Focus I had a Blackberry Torch for business and an iPhone 3G for personal use.

9. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

The Nokia N95 was my first smartphone i think. It used to be the biznis back in the day!

I've also went through countless windows mobile phones. All of those made me want to cry. I remember spending HOURS loading rom after rom trying to get my touch diamond to feel useable.

I had a palm pre 2 when it went on sale for $49.99 at HP.

I owned a samsung galaxy s 2 for 1 day. It was a pretty nice phone, but i returned it for reasons you wouldnt think. Earpiece volume HORRIBLY low, and really crappy camera.

Other than that, i've owned every iphone since the first.

10. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

Very first was the Palm Treo 700p on Verizon. Then got the iPhone 3g on AT&T, then iPhone 4, then sold that to get the 4S.

I tried out my friend's Droid 1 for like 10 minutes (this was in the days of Android 2.1), and it was a little complicated. The back button which is different from home button, depending on the application? Im sure I could figure it out eventually, but iOS was simple for me.

I just got a HP WebOS Touchpad; I love it. It is a solid OS and it was a good decision for HP to Open Source it. Of course it would have been better to continue producing devices, but whatever. Honestly, if there was a solid WebOS competitor to the iPhone for my next phone, I wouldn't know which one I would buy. Probably iPhone because I already bought all these apps, but it would still be tough.

11. jeremyshaw macrumors 6502

HTC Titan (work)
    iPhone 4S (personal)

Also have an old Moto Atrix hanging around somewhere.

12. Shadowbech macrumors 68030

Very first smartphone that I used was the iphone 3G. Prior to that was Motorola Razr phone dumb phone.

13. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

14. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Used several friends blackberry's when I dont have a phone with me.
    My brother has an Android, and I have use it.
    Never actually used a windows phone but I have played with it.
    Oh, and I also have used Symbian OS

15. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

I have used all of them :D. Android on a sgs2, t-mobile g1, Htc desire, Htc desire z, Htc incredible s and Htc sensation. WebOS on a palm pre 2. Windows phone 7 on a HTC Mozart 7. iOS on an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, 1st gen iPod touch and an iPad 2. Blackberry os on the blackberry bold 9700 and blackberry bold 9780. Symbian on a Nokia n95 and Motorola z10.

16. Duckit thread starter macrumors regular

Duckit

Wow all I you have tried many other operating systems. I am dying to try a windows phone 7 device or the galaxy nexus right now!

17. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

All.

I love Mango's interface the best but they don't make good use of the space.

18. BiggAW macrumors 68020

1. Windows Mobile
    2. Symbian
    3. Android
    4. iOS

19. lissa5168 macrumors newbie

I'm probably giving away my age, but I've been a smartphone user since the first Palm Treo. :eek:

20. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

I had a Treo too they were great. Especially as I already had a Palm device so my apps worked.

The last OS I used before iOS was Symbian on my Nokia N95. Never looked back since.

21. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Palm OS
    BlackBerry OS
    Symbian
    WebOS
    OpenMoko
    Windows Mobile
    WindowsPhone 7
    Android (all versions)
    iOS

22. bigtrip macrumors newbie

A palm treo was my first smartphone and I loved it. Although I'm sure it would be a different experience if I had to use it now. :) there was a flashback episode of big bang theory on the other day were Sheldon whipped out his treo and checked for an email with the stylus and it made me smile! I wonder how long before we all are like: "remember when we had to use Siri? Awww"

After that I used a blackberry for a little while before I got the first iPhone. Played around with my brother in law's new razr over Christmas and felt bad for him. I can't see using anything other than iOS at this point.

23. NeshyD macrumors member

NeshyD

I had a Samsung Focus S before my 4S. WinPhone7 is really good and smooth, but it's missing some features that I would like that iOS5 already has.

It's always nice trying out other mobile OS's!

24. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Android 2.1 and 2.3 and samsung bada 1.2 (waiting for 2.0)